Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Mexico 86 - Argentina champs

Votes: 4 16.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go with france 98 has the best i ever seen....i was 15 then......USA 94 comes a close 2nd....nigeria making their first world cup...yekini and co shocking the world..so memorable....

·
Banned
642 Posts
i have to say france cuz that's when the Reggae Boyz qualified..And the attendance was full so it made the games more exciting to watch..Worst is korea & japan for me..German'y finals were crap to..

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the reggae boys were crushed in all their games....it was embarassing but it was all good....Korea?japan was the worst by far....it wasnt as exciting only for USA making it to the qt finals.

·
Banned
642 Posts
well argentina is a really good team so 5-0 isn't all that bad, 3-1 to croatia is ok..But last game against Japan was victory 2-1 :banana:...It was a proud day for me..Nigeria did very well I remember they beat spain.

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea nigeria beat spain 3-2.....but argentina walloped jamaica 6-0 not 5

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
tough one. france and germany both had a bit of everything and japan/korea was something totally different and had a few upsets. i think france had the better semis and final so i'll go for that one.

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
korea&japan sucked fo real...

·
Registered
794 Posts
France 98 was great, plus it was our first qualification. was so proud even though we came out at the first stage.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Gotta vote italia 1990. i was like 8 years old and i have great memories of staying up late to watch the final and stuff. :)

I have no clue as to what the tournement was actually like or anything - just good memories.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Best WC experience was 1982 (Espana/Spain), when I was in Italy with my family - as a kid to be in a country where the team (Italy) has won. It is something I will never forget. Everyone on the streets - flags waving off every building and balchony. Tickertape and confetti. wow.

As for the best WC in terms of football quality, I would have to say Mexico 86. Sublime! Most modern WCs are very cagey affairs, and don't compare to the expansive exciting games of 20 years ago!

·
Explore
2,854 Posts
France in 98. To be honest I can't remember watching much before 94. I think the fact that SA was in France makes it special.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
US 94 was cool for me because it was the first world cup i really experienced and i knew all the players' names and the hype was great.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
i saw 2 games in 2006 when i was 10. portugal v germany and ivory coast v serbia& montenegro. will never forget. probably 2010 will be the most memorable one for me since chile will most likely be there. chile was in 1998 world cup but i was 2 and dont remember anything

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn franco u were in diapers when i was watching france 98....mommy was still breast feeding u lol

·
Registered
833 Posts
Some of you guys obviously weren't born til the mid-80's so you all need to haul-out sme of the older WC dvds/videos and then come back to me and tell me what was "better". France 98 had a good final, but the semi's were pretty boring and apart from the France vs SA game, I hardly remember any of the rest. To get the great battles of the past - look at Brazil vs. Italy (1970 and 1982), Argentina vs. England (1986), Germany vs Argentina (1986). Rummenige, Maradona, Socrates, Rossi! Those were great games!

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ those were classic battles....but overall france 98 was the best world cup all around....

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Part 1 France 98

Part 2

·
Banned
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some of you guys obviously weren't born til the mid-80's so you all need to haul-out sme of the older WC dvds/videos and then come back to me and tell me what was "better". France 98 had a good final, but the semi's were pretty boring and apart from the France vs SA game, I hardly remember any of the rest. To get the great battles of the past - look at Brazil vs. Italy (1970 and 1982), Argentina vs. England (1986), Germany vs Argentina (1986). Rummenige, Maradona, Socrates, Rossi! Those were great games!
you must be kidding....france vs croatia semis was a great semi...lillian thuram scoring two goals to keep the french hope alive.....and brazil vs netherlands....patrick kluveit scoring a dying minute goal to take the game into extra time before brazil beat them in penalties.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts