Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me it's irregardless, like and um.

Irregardless because it's an invalid word. It's invalid because you cannot put a negative prefix on an already negative word.

Lik,e because it's hard to have a conversation when someone's going "I when to the like gym today, because like I ate like 5000000 million calories (Exaggerations of the highest potential possible is what I hate in life THE DAMN MOST!), so I spent like 5 hours at the gym and I exited with like a toned ass. Like, WHATEVER!"

um, because who can't understand when the F*** someone's saying when all you here is "I have... um... 14... um... bicycles in my... um... house... um... today."

:bleep::tongue::moods:

·
Some Random User
682 Posts
For me it's irregardless, like and um.
"Uhmmm..." is common for newcomers (whose English is not their native tongue) who are thinking of their next word or finding the right connotation of what they are talking about so I understand them about that. Another thing that they do is that sometimes they couple it by extending the last syllable of their last word before they get "stuck".

Like this...

"I wassss... uhmmm... living... uhh... leaving... from my house when I... uhmm... see... uhh... saw you."

When I learned French, I was also doing "uhmmm" as well. So LOL. It's inevitable for me. Pardonnez-moi. :D

·
Yes. No. Potato?
3,023 Posts
People who can't write a thread title for a thread in which they wish to vent out their anger at people who can't write or speak properly.

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
People who can't write a thread title for a thread in which they wish to vent out their anger at people who can't write or speak properly.
:rofl:
Put yourself on your own scoreboard for that one, Youse! hehe....

Personally, I could smack people who habitually say: "I'm not gonna lie to you..." before every new statement, regardless of how inconsequential it may be.
"I'm not gonna lie to you.... pass me the salt". Or, "Know what I'm sayin'?" after every single statement.

·
The Mighty.
3,263 Posts
"you don't seem to understand, I love those cookies."
"you don't seem to understand, that movie was awesome!"
"you don't seem to understand, because you never had a kid."

I have a friend like that, ugh fuggin annoying.

·
Yes. No. Potato?
3,023 Posts

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
"no offense, but"
Especially when it is used to get away with saying something offensive. See also: "(Offensive statement), in my opinion/just a thought/but that's just what I think", as if saying that makes you come off as less of an asshole. There is a bitter elderly woman who comments on one of our local news websites and she will usually say something extremely offensive or rude and then add "just my opinion, freedom of speech, thanks", and that kind of thing is akin to taking a handful of breath mints at the bank "because they're free". I also hate people who say things like "those people" or "you know who" or "the less desirable element" to describe native people or youth. When you call them on it ("No, I don't know who; please explain.") they usually dance around the subject.

·
2,592 Posts
Especially when it is used to get away with saying something offensive. See also: "(Offensive statement), in my opinion/just a thought/but that's just what I think", as if saying that makes you come off as less of an asshole.
In the same category: "or so I've heard"

What I can't stand are people who do not have the courage of their convictions. They will spout their opinions but will end their sentences by "or so I've heard".

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,121 Posts
My most annoying words are "Do Lil Flip has HIV?" or any thread title that really has no place on SkyscraperCity.

·
39,827 Posts
mine is "Know what I'm sayin'?".I hate that phrase.
People who say "know what I'm sayin'?" say it because people don't know what the **** they're talking about.

People who say "peace" are the least peaceful. Is peace in doubt? :weird:

·
39,827 Posts
Whenever my brother calls one of his friends to get some pot, he ands the conversation with "peace".

It's not much different than Muslims saying salaam, though.
Does he end his sentences with 'yo'? I actually had someone apply for a job who said that. Let's just say he didn't get hired. :|

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.