Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Casio

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Tears of Buddha
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest news (April.28) says Canon has surpassed Sony by sales figures and won the top market share in the whole world in digital camera for the first time.
Then, consumers' research in SSC.
What's your favoite brand of digital camera? or what brand of digital camera do you have?

·
Distant glory
536 Posts
Yep, Canon for me too. Unfortunately I own a Sony - I regret it now, because it doesn't give me enough manual control and because MemoryStick is prohibitively expensive, at least in Singapore.

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
I think for most amateurs (myself included) and prosumers, Canon rocks the vote.

·
Tears of Buddha
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gohcan said:
Now i own a Kodak (it's not in the poll) but I prefer Canon and the next cam that i'll buy will be a canon.
oops, I forgot Kodak, and Hewlett Packard !!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Canon, because they are leaders in so many key areas. Their image processing chip, the Digic 2 is the most advanced. Their CCD's are the highest resolution (something like 17 megapixels on the EOS-1) and their optics are (and always have been) outstanding. I think their prices are resonable as well, right from the little compact cameras up to the professional cameras.

·
Gotta lite?
6,045 Posts
I have always been a Canon owner all my life, whether point&shoot film/digital, SLR and DSLR.

So, I guess I would say Canon.

Canon have a massive share of the DSLR range, far more than Nikon in the pro area's, and their camera's do (in most cases) out perform the Nikon range - their only true competitor.

It's a real pity that Leica was too slow on the digital crossover, as in the film days they were regarded as the best.

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Sony and Nikon, although I own a Canon DSLR now. :lol: I might learn to love that brand over time, but yeah, these three are the only ones I would buy!

Sony was the brand of my first digi cam 5 years ago, and I plan to buy a replacement for it within weeks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts