SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Formerly known as Bigboyz
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if a thread like this has already been posted here but which state was your favorite to visit and why? I liked California. So much to see and do. I also love the variety in topography. Mountains, desert, coast, etc. Florida is a close second.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Went for a week long vacation to Waikiki about 10 years ago and I thought it was absolutely gorgeous. I would love to see the other islands one day.

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Can't say I have an overall favorite.

That being said I did enjoy visiting:
Ohio (around Cleveland mostly)
Illinois (around Chicago mostly)
Minnesota
New York
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Virginia
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Louisiana
New Mexico
Arizona
California (mostly around San Francisco and San Diego)
Washington
Oregon

·
Registered
698 Posts
Not the most popular choice I'm sure, but my favorite state to visit is Maine. I wouldn't really want to live there year-round, but I find the rugged coastline, picturesque seaside villages and the outgoing, friendly (and Red Sox-obsessed:D) natives to be almost therapeutic. Especially in the summer.

California comes in at second, followed very closely by Utah. I'm a real sucker for places like Zion, Glen Canyon, Capital Reef and Joshua Tree National Parks.

·
Registered
13,363 Posts
New York
California

Both states have plenty to do. California has the snow, the deserts, the beaches, the mountains, the forests, the cities... New York has well, New York. Need I say much more?

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Not taking into consideration the cities within the states and simply on the beauty of the state itself...I'd go with Washington. New Hampshire is very beautiful as well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Delaware is where I usually have the best times, albeit it's because most of the people I know in the states hail form there. Maine and Pennsylvania are good for some R&R as well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Illinois (Chicago), Mass.(Brookline, my birth-home), Penn (Philly, how can you deny), California (Bay Area, Southland), Colorado (Denver, a place I lived), Indiana (Indianapolis, as home as it gets for me).

·
Al aire desde Tijuana
4,747 Posts
California (of course San Diego)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts