Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 556 Posts

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
There wasn't. Everytime it was terrible for a different but similar reasons. But more or less in the 11th century for Ukraine. Since then, now is the best time, despite how bad it is :lol: We're a pretty depressive country :( times were always shitty

As for my second country, Belarus, it must be 1991-1996 when country was reviving its oppressed for centuries culture and language.

Now for the country to which I owe my higher education, the U.S. of A it was probably 1920's, 1950's and 1960's

My fourth country (Poland) to which I have some very distant blood connection, probably when it .. controlled my first country. Though I'm not sure how happy the ordinary folks were. Quite likely now is the best time too.

And the fifth country, to which I'm connected through a series of personal events of my ancestors and relatives, - Russkieland, not really my country, but nevertheless it was definitely the 19th century.

Hmm, I'm probably done, no more countries to which I'm related.

·
Registered
713 Posts
hmm... for the albanian republic would be the 1920's-30's a lot of economic upswing and reform.

for the people would be between AD 249 to AD 565 when we ruled the roman and byzantine empires.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
I didn't know that Albanians ruled The Roman and Byzantine Empires.

·
Registered
713 Posts
illyrians but close enough.

Trajan Decius (249-251), Diocletian, Maximianus Herculius, Constantine the great, Anastasius I, Justin I, Justinan I the great (527-565) and many more unimportant emperors.

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Is there another country just as pathetic as mine that has never had a really good period of history? I need to know about one to make me feel better about my own history.

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
Such a topic in this forum can only go one way:p

Is there another country just as pathetic as mine that has never had a really good period of history? I need to know about one to make me feel better about my own history.
Well there is my country, you might say that during Yugoslavia was the best period coz we didn't have to feel threatened or intimidated to our right of self determination, yet there were still many injustices on the people in neighbouring countries who were threatened and didn't have the same liberties. At least that's picking up, however slow, now days though.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
For me would be after Treaty of Polanów between the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Russia, signed on 1634 as a consequence of the Smolensk War. The treaty confirmed the pre-war status quo, with Russia paying a large war indemnity (20,000 rubles in gold).

And the treaty ended the almost unbroken series of wars between the Commonwealth waged and its neighbours that took place since the start of the 17th century. The 14 years of peace that followed were arguably the most prosperous in Commonwealth's history.

But, since independence, these are the best of times

·
Some user
613 Posts
For us [Hungarians], it was during the reign of Matthias Corvinus (ruled from 1458-1490).

At the zenith of his power, our kingdom stretched from Lusatia (northern Germany), to parts of Poland, to Bohemia&Moravia, included half of present-day Austria, and included Wallachia, Dalmatia, and parts of Bulgaria.

Under his rule, the arts flourished, with Hungary being the second country (after Italy) where rennaisance ideas, art, etc were introduced. Archaeologists have recently uncovered a fresco painted by Botticelli in the city of Esztergom.

Matthias was ready to take on the Ottoman Empire, but he mysteriously died after his victory in Austria, leaving no heirs to the throne. After that, central rule deteriorated, and his empire crumbled.

-Ataman

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
^^ :lol:

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
Well statistically, for us that was the era of happiness and prosperity (the Brezhnev era may as well be called our "golden-age") Overall, back then things were much better, except that life was more difficult.
Наоборот, жить было просто, но хуёво :lol:

·
4,667 Posts
:lol: :laugh: ....Mesofius..i thought you was a bit more critical...
well you are the one who should actually be more critical... What.. dont you believe world renomned Brittanica Encyclopedia? You can read the full article here: http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-26697/ancient-Rome

however, here is a little taste of it:

"
ancient Rome
The Illyrian emperors

The Later Roman Empire > The recovery of the empire and the establishment of the dominate (270–337) > The Illyrian emperors

After Claudius II's unexpected death, the empire was ruled from 270 to 284 by several “Illyrian” emperors, who were good generals and who tried in an energetic way to restore equilibrium. The most remarkable was Aurelian. He first gained hard-won victories over the Alemanni and the Juthungi, who had invaded the Alpine provinces and northern Italy. To cheer the inhabitants of…... " etc..

1 - 20 of 556 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.