Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some onehas to agree, the Domination of PKiN over the Warsaw skyline has to end!! I think that its domination has a limited period of time left!! Why is this gift from stalin still warsaws trademark huh? One would have thought that with the Communist hating kaczynski in the Warsaw presidency for so long something would have been built taller, but no. Post Projects that never went ahead in Warsaw that should have or post your views or news on where Warsaws first supertall will be or should be??

^^ some kl 300+ projects that never materialised

Anyway i think that the PortPraski area should change into a Warsaw docklands, currently no one knows what will happen.

^^ thats the area
1997 project that tallest tower was meant to have 300m

Now look at london the Docklands in 1980

in 1990

NOW

I mean why cant Warsaw pull of something like that, hehe post your views

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,899 Posts
If supertall means 300 or more meters to the roof, I'm not expecting such a tower in next 10 years. Till now we haven't even crossed 200 m to the roof barrier. Tower above 300 m would be a little megalomanic for a city of Warsaw size.

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,899 Posts
But we need something taller then the PKiN!!!!!!!!!!
You need it In Krakow? ;)
PKiN has only 188 m to the roof so Zlota 44 with its 192m, if built, will surpass it. Also planned Lilium tower may be taller.

·
Some user
613 Posts
Will I be the only one to say I like the PKIN better than most all-glass-minimalistic skyscrapers built today?

-Ataman

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need it In Krakow?
common mate surely your not comparing my beautifull historic town of Krakow to Warsaw. Krakow's historical centre and the adjecent districts such as podgorze,Czyzyny, Grzegorzki, Pradnik or Lobzow canot have any skyscrapers as all of these districts have historically important sites and Low rise architechture.
Ps; We might be getting some towers soon around 100-140m as there are lots of rumours going around about such investments but nothing concrete.

·
Some user
613 Posts
Even though it was constructed for unpleasant purposes, I still think it is pleasing to look at.

If this building were constructed 20 years before, Poles would have no problem with it. In fact, they would regard PKIN as one of Warsaw's gems.

-Ataman

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If this building were constructed 20 years before,
If it was built 20 years earlier it would have been destroyed by hitler. hehe
And Gummo maybe we interpret it differently i mean you either love it or hate it. For me it screams out Stalin trying to control us and keep us in his grip, "Stalins Gift" bullshit it was stalins statue of Trimupf in Poland. Little did he know that 30 years after its construction Poland would begin the Domino effect to topple the USSR!!

·
Banned
749 Posts
btw...the main architect Lev Rudnev incorporated some Polish architectural details into the project by traveling around Poland and seeing the architecture. The monumental walls are headed with pieces of masonry copied from renaissance houses and palaces of Kraków and Zamość.

·
When the dreams come true
9 Posts
Also PKiN is a Symbol of Oppresion for me. Showing us how big "Great Stalin" was and how little we all are in poland.
hmmmm In now PKiN is a symbol of pop-culture.

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,899 Posts
Also PKiN is a Symbol of Oppresion for me. Showing us how big "Great Stalin" was and how little we all are in poland.
Luckily You don't have it in Krakow. In Warsaw we don't feel oppressed by PKiN. ;)
Little did he know that 30 years after its construction Poland would begin the Domino effect to topple the USSR!!
I thought Gorbachov began domino effect in year 1988 in Warsaw Royal Castle when being asked he didn't acknowledge that Brezhnev doctrine was still in force. ;) Not accidentally after Gorbachov's visit in July, in September began talks in Magdalenka which led to the Round Table Agreement.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.