SkyscraperCity Forum banner

When will Warsaw Get Supertall

4851 26
Some onehas to agree, the Domination of PKiN over the Warsaw skyline has to end!! I think that its domination has a limited period of time left!! Why is this gift from stalin still warsaws trademark huh? One would have thought that with the Communist hating kaczynski in the Warsaw presidency for so long something would have been built taller, but no. Post Projects that never went ahead in Warsaw that should have or post your views or news on where Warsaws first supertall will be or should be??

^^ some kl 300+ projects that never materialised

Anyway i think that the PortPraski area should change into a Warsaw docklands, currently no one knows what will happen.

^^ thats the area
1997 project that tallest tower was meant to have 300m

Now look at london the Docklands in 1980

in 1990

NOW

I mean why cant Warsaw pull of something like that, hehe post your views
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
But we need something taller then the PKiN!!!!!!!!!!
common mate surely your not comparing my beautifull historic town of Krakow to Warsaw. Krakow's historical centre and the adjecent districts such as podgorze,Czyzyny, Grzegorzki, Pradnik or Lobzow canot have any skyscrapers as all of these districts have historically important sites and Low rise architechture.
Ps; We might be getting some towers soon around 100-140m as there are lots of rumours going around about such investments but nothing concrete.
You need it In Krakow?
Also PKiN is a Symbol of Oppresion for me. Showing us how big "Great Stalin" was and how little we all are in poland.
If it was built 20 years earlier it would have been destroyed by hitler. hehe
And Gummo maybe we interpret it differently i mean you either love it or hate it. For me it screams out Stalin trying to control us and keep us in his grip, "Stalins Gift" bullshit it was stalins statue of Trimupf in Poland. Little did he know that 30 years after its construction Poland would begin the Domino effect to topple the USSR!!
If this building were constructed 20 years before,
we need to be Compete with the Rest of Europe.. London and Paris are both getting supertalls so is Moscow i dont want us to fall behind. Also I wish someone would soon go above the invisible barrier of 231m its as if there is some type of forcefield at that hieght and its impossible to pass through.:LOL:
Sorry why shouldnt we be a competitor?? I hate this that we put our selves down so much we have an Economic boom at the moment our has the Potencial to become one of the Richest in europe and Warsaw is one of fastest developing cities in the World. Land in Warsaw is already bloody expensive 1sqm in warsaw costs on average around 2000 euro and in many developements way over 4000 euro per sqm!! Warsaw deserves a new trademark something that will be on postcards like the empirestate is for New york of the Eiffel tower for Paris. On our postcards wehave PKiN. hehe
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.