SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Iroquois of Europe
14,013 Posts
If supertall means 300 or more meters to the roof, I'm not expecting such a tower in next 10 years. Till now we haven't even crossed 200 m to the roof barrier. Tower above 300 m would be a little megalomanic for a city of Warsaw size.

· Iroquois of Europe
14,013 Posts
Also PKiN is a Symbol of Oppresion for me. Showing us how big "Great Stalin" was and how little we all are in poland.
Luckily You don't have it in Krakow. In Warsaw we don't feel oppressed by PKiN. ;)
Little did he know that 30 years after its construction Poland would begin the Domino effect to topple the USSR!!
I thought Gorbachov began domino effect in year 1988 in Warsaw Royal Castle when being asked he didn't acknowledge that Brezhnev doctrine was still in force. ;) Not accidentally after Gorbachov's visit in July, in September began talks in Magdalenka which led to the Round Table Agreement.

· Iroquois of Europe
14,013 Posts
^^
Warsaw isn't any competitor for Moscow, London, Paris or Madrid.
In 1-2 years all comparisons of Warsaw and Moscow skylines will be hilarious. Paris and Frankfurt already are far ahead of Warsaw. Madrid, London and Istanbul also have better skylines and better perspectives. Warsaw can only compete with Rotterdam for 7th place in Europe (continent without any significance in skyscraper construction).
Only barrier is economical. Towers significantly taller than 200 m aren't profitable in Warsaw at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.