Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
I know that NYC is home to both Tiffany's as well as Cartier's, which are both prestigous jewelery stores.

·
Gotta lite?
6,062 Posts
Two that come to mind from London would be Harrods & Liberty. One thing I loved about Harrods is the enormous range they have from the standard products right to the luxury. For example, if you're looking for a coffee machine, at the beginning of the section would be the normal coffee machines you find in any department store, starting at £10, getting more elaborate and expensive as you go further. The last at the end was priced at nearly a million pounds and was a giant brass and gold machine 3 meters high and 2 meters wide!

(If you get red X's, try right clicking and "show picture" )

Harrods:

Liberty of London is even more elite and high-end, though not as big. It is still in a glorious tudor style building.

Unfortunately, it seems to elite to find good photos inside. Unlike Harrods, Liberty of London doesn't get a big tourist trade.

·
Banned
48 Posts
there is one store in saudi arabia known as al fathieh center, its owned by a rich sheikh, inside they actually have all gold plated antiques and jewelery, the store is size of a mall its that big, its the most expensive store i have seen

·
Registered
410 Posts
Can you get some pictures and post them on this forum I would thank you a lot if you did that is if it's possible :) :eek2:

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
There are 2 malls competing to be the biggest (more than 500,000 square metres) and the most luxurious in Thailand and southeast asia.

Siam Paragon

Central World

·
BUMMED
2,733 Posts
Well, the Japanese consume 41% of the world's Luxury Market according to TIME Magazine in their Spring 2005 Style and Design Edition, so probably the most luxurious department stores are in Japan.

But if we base it on popularity, really, Harrod's is the first thing that comes to my mind.

And probably stores in the Arabian world, I dont know why really but it seems to me that Arabians are suckers for luxury items, it's just that their obsession with bling-blings is not very much publicized. Imagine building tons of luxury hotels in a whole new palm-shaped reclaimed island, a whole new city out of nothing, a supposedly "7-star" luxury hotel that needs to be fully booked for 400 years to reach breakeven, buildings made of gold and jewels. And add to that, a sheikh of one emirate in UAE built a super grandiose palace that is even the banner of today's SSC Forum May 20th and they also hold every nation's neck because of their huge oil reserves!

·
Registered
410 Posts
With all do respect but Bergdorf Goodman can't be compared to the modern and refined malls of Asia :) :cheers: :eek2:

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Question: Where is the most luxurious department store in the world?

Answer: Harrod's in London, England

1 - 20 of 68 Posts