SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Chicago Enthusiast
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im from Orland Park, IL (Southwest Suburbs)...Curently rent in Lincoln Park, but bought a place at Dearborn/Goethe; will be moving in July:cheers:

I also lived in NYC for about a year (Upper East Side)
congrats on the purchase! is this your first purchase? Best decision you'll ever make. :eek:kay:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good decision on buying a home, renting when it comes down to it basically just throwing your money away and never being able to get it back. Some really great investment oppertunities in the Chicago area if you look in the right places. Good luck in your new place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From Chicago-Heighish-Cal City area. Most family migrated to NW Indiana. I hail in Bridgeport.

Nice to see other people from south/southwest for a change. Most people i met in school/work were fron North/Northwest/west suburb were so ignorant towards that region and only saw it in a very negative light.

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
Is South Bend really considered a suburb of Chicago? I can hardly believe that because its totally separated except for the Metra line.
no, south bend is not a literal suburb of chicago, but because of the south shore rail road (which is not a metra line btw) and the strong chicago-notre dame link, i would consider south bend to be a type of "psychological suburb" if that makes any sense.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.