Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Im from Orland Park, IL (Southwest Suburbs)...Curently rent in Lincoln Park, but bought a place at Dearborn/Goethe; will be moving in July:cheers:

I also lived in NYC for about a year (Upper East Side)

·
Chicago Enthusiast
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im from Orland Park, IL (Southwest Suburbs)...Curently rent in Lincoln Park, but bought a place at Dearborn/Goethe; will be moving in July:cheers:

I also lived in NYC for about a year (Upper East Side)
congrats on the purchase! is this your first purchase? Best decision you'll ever make. :eek:kay:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good decision on buying a home, renting when it comes down to it basically just throwing your money away and never being able to get it back. Some really great investment oppertunities in the Chicago area if you look in the right places. Good luck in your new place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
From Chicago-Heighish-Cal City area. Most family migrated to NW Indiana. I hail in Bridgeport.

Nice to see other people from south/southwest for a change. Most people i met in school/work were fron North/Northwest/west suburb were so ignorant towards that region and only saw it in a very negative light.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
born on south side (south shore); grew up in highland park and evanston. as an adult, lived at various times in evanston, wheeling, highland park, buffalo grove

·
Registered
194 Posts
Grew up in Schererville, IN, currently live in Lincoln Park (sheffield and armitage). Been in the neighborhood for about 8 years, with my wife and daughter.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Grew up in Elmhurst (**BARF**) and then had an apartment for a while in Lincoln Park (Diversery/Racine)...back 'home' in the suburbs to save money for a bit.

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
born and raised up in "thrillmette". (well, technically born at evanston hospital which is only 2 blocks from the wilmette border)

have lived in various apartments in little italy, lakeview, & rogers park.

I now live downtown in marina city.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Born in Zurich, but grew up in Winnetka. I've lived as an adult in Lakeview and Lincoln Park. Northside all the way and always in view of Lake Michigan.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is South Bend really considered a suburb of Chicago? I can hardly believe that because its totally separated except for the Metra line.

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
Is South Bend really considered a suburb of Chicago? I can hardly believe that because its totally separated except for the Metra line.
no, south bend is not a literal suburb of chicago, but because of the south shore rail road (which is not a metra line btw) and the strong chicago-notre dame link, i would consider south bend to be a type of "psychological suburb" if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Born and raised in DC. Chicago has been my home for five years now and, more than likely, forever. Im renting in Rogers Park now. Gonna stay for about another year before I buy.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts