Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Proud Victorian!
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Melbourne, I rekon it would have to be High St Northcote. Don't have a pic but if you have never seen it I suggest you drive there and have a look; it will blow you away!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
King William Street, North Adelaide
North Terrace, Kent Town

and the south eastern suburbs (around Beaumont)

·
Where am I?
487 Posts
Light's Vision atop Montefiore Hill and of course while your drinking a cold one on 'the hill' at Adelaide Oval.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
One of the best angles i've ever seen Sydney from was heading towards the CBD over the ANZAC bridge one afternoon. The sun was setting behind me and casting a brilliant golden light on to the Western Face of the city, and all above and behind the skyscrapers was a dark, dark, dark black cloud that was just about to dump rain everwhere. Simply beautiful.

Also, I like looking across the Harbour from Kirribillis. the SOH on the left and SHB on the right just frame circular quay and the skyscrapers so well.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
SYDNEY- Definately from the top of the stairs from 17 Ruby St, Mosman.
Hint hint.....anyone gonna go there for me and get some pics with a descent camera or do I have to keep going back there every now and then with my cheap and nasty camera ????? ;)

·
Banned
419 Posts
One of the best angles i've ever seen Sydney from was heading towards the CBD over the ANZAC bridge one afternoon. The sun was setting behind me and casting a brilliant golden light on to the Western Face of the city, and all above and behind the skyscrapers was a dark, dark, dark black cloud that was just about to dump rain everwhere. Simply beautiful.

Also, I like looking across the Harbour from Kirribillis. the SOH on the left and SHB on the right just frame circular quay and the skyscrapers so well.
Only half/

·
̙͈̩ͫ̎Ż̌ͫ&
3,549 Posts
Ferrars St, South Melbourne has a nice view - does anybody have any shots from the top of the Commision tower?

·
1st Perth then the World
268 Posts
South Perth without a doubt. Perth is always photographed from there and rightly so. Theres some other nice areas you can look at it from across the river such as Attadale.

·
Registered
77,323 Posts
sydneys quintessential shot

·
Oh ma Lordee, lookee here
1,734 Posts
This is a bit random, but I like the dynamism of moving 'on the road' views, from highways etc. I guess I'll never grow up - colour and movement!

For Melbourne I've already nominated my top two on the local 'best skylines' thread - sweeping around the Docklands towers against the city lights backdrop, and coming over the Westgate. Unfortunately its virtually impossible to get photographs that capture the essence of either, because you're, well, moving.

There's another good sudden 'smack in the eye' one coming up over the sandbelts suburbs hill on Beach Road - not sure whether its at Hampton or Black Rock there - and again, a big, big spread folding out before you when you come down the Gap Hill above Sunbury on the Calder Freeway.

For Sydney, again I've mentioned elsewhere an all-time favorite: looking back on the whole panorama from the heights of New South Head Road. The area I mean is by that big monastery, convent or seminary up there. Can't quite recall what it is.

btw, this one posted by austraarabian is one great picture too:

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I go for the Mt Gravatt view....

or the shot same sorta angle.. when ur on the M1 heading north (obviously)..

Dont really know where abouts it it but you come up over the hill and the city is looming..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts