SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so everyone says the summer before your Senior year should be the time when you start to plan/apply for college. As this is that summer for me, I was wondering if there are any suggestions on where I should apply to in Texas. At the moment I'm looking at UT San Antonio, Texas State, North Texas, and UT Austin. Any Alums or currents students with any info about what life will be like at these schools ?

Any help with this whole process will be appreciated by this Irving Senior.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You should look into Sam Houston State University. Its the perfect sized school and probably not to far from Irving. Choose a school Based on what you will major in. See how that schools Business/Criminal Justice or what ever degree your intrested in measures up.

·
Savor the Flavor
540 Posts
I happen to be the same age and generally looking at the same schools.

Depends what major you are looking into. I am looking at architecture so ut @ austin and Texas Tech are areas of interest. I am going to an architectural program at UT in a few weeks.

·
Uptown Bound
1,198 Posts
I think UT Austin is supposed to be the most prestigious public school in Texas. I'd go there if I lived in the state, and Austin is one of the best college towns in the US. The athletic department is also pretty good there.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If you're going to a public school in-state, have the ability financially, and can get accepted, I really do not think there would be any choice but The University of Texas at Austin.

I mean nothing against Texas Tech, Texas State, UTSA, or North Texas, but none are as prestigious, or will give you as good of a college experience IMO as the flagship university of Texas.

·
Love me, love my dog...
3,075 Posts
It really depends on your intended major. UT Austin may be the best overall public university in Texas, but Texas Tech might be a better choice for Engineering or Texas A&M for Veterinary Medicine. It also depends on where you can get accepted. Popular schools like UT Austin limit the number of incoming freshman...so many applicants don't get accepted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts