Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one were to relocate to Muskoka, and wanted to be relatively close to the Deerhurst Resort, where would one live? I glanced at MLS, and found a couple of townhouses in Bracebridge...is it close?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Are you seriously relocating to the Muskokas??? You lucky, lucky dog.

As Softee said, Hunstville is the closest... Deerhurst is literally a 5 min drive east of it. Of the three large Muskoka towns (Huntsville, Bracebridge, Gravenhurst), Hunstville would be the best of in terms of future economic growth, though the town isn't terribly interesting. IMO, all 3 towns fall short of being... inspirational places to live. However, it's the natural surroundings that are the star of the show. Burks Falls isn't too far north of there, and the real estate is considerably cheaper... but I've never been there.

Bracebridge would be on the short side of a 1/2 drive to Deerhurst, along a major highway. I beleive Bracebridge is the largest town, and maybe the nicest, but it's not my flavour.

There are many places to live close to these towns in the country. The Muskokas are incredible... countless lakes, rolling hills, wild forest and a bit of pastoral farmland. The further south you are, the more expensive real estate is, and you'll find many million dollar + properties. Plus, you have Algonquin Park, which is another 1/2 hour east of Deerhurst. My namesake!

·
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґ&#4
5,767 Posts
I think Hunstville is quite nice for a small town. Its especially good location wise as its the closest city to Algonquin Park + area. I find the more expensive southern areas are actually a fair bit less attractive.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Where's the place with the nicely redone waterfront? And a ferry I think? There's a bunch of new waterfront condos there.

It's whatever town the Norman Bethune house is in. Is that Bracebridge?

I forget :bash: but they had a Boston Pizza and lots of new condos. I was impressed!

·
Mr. Haney(Cruz) for Pres.
2,644 Posts
^^ That would be Gravenhurst.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Gravenhurst has a Boston Pizza?? Dear lord.

The town has passed the point of no return and joined the ranks of ethnically diverse metropolises like Dryden and Fort Frances. Before you know, it will be ******* Centre of the Muskokas.

·
Banned
217 Posts
The waterfront was nice!!! And Muskoka has its own Icelandic-looking colourful architecture starting to happen. It's cool to see. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts