SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here's the list that I wanted to have a poll for..

IYHO Where would you rather be closest to in the U.S.?

Where would you rather be closest to in the U.S.

(A) Coastal city directly on the Ocean with beaches and where it's very expensive.

(B) Great Lakes city with a beach but not on the Ocean but very expensive

(C) Land Locked city that's 200 to 300 miles from the ocean and Beach.

(D) Coastal city that is reasonably inexpensive with a river that has direct access to the Ocean and Beaches.

(E) A Land Locked city with no river or ocean access but inexpensive cost of living.

(F) A Coastal city on the Bay or Gulf that's very expensive and has Ocean and Beach access.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
I like all for what they bring. But I love scenery and mountains. So I might love San Francisco and Seattle lol. From your poll, I really can't pick just one.

·
Live and Let Live
1,606 Posts
speaking of Philadelphia JBOB,
Could you or any of the other Philadelphia forumers tell me something about Germantown? I was researching houses online and there are some very nice looking properties in that part of town for really cheap.

Is it safe? diverse? what are the socio-economic conditions like? Just curious and locals will always know best what areas of their cities are like.

·
Banned
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Germantown has alot of history it's a relative good investment there is crime in all areas of the city. It's safe just as most other parts of the city Mt. airy, Manayunk, Chestnut hill etc.. Gtown is close to these areas which are very good, chestnut hill, Manayunk and on the bottom east end you have central north philly which has gotten alot of flack over the decades but is turning around. Philly is a great investment anywhere in the city. Diversity asians, indians, etc.. it's getting more and more diverse especially since alot of people are moving here from NYC. Most people from the Ghettos of West, South or North Philly move to Germantown, Olney Oak, Manayunk or if fortunate enough Chestnut Hill, The Maine Line, Center City, etc.. when they have made it. It's like another city unto itself.

Info From the NYC forum just to indicate what's going on.
http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-5475.html

Havoc
http://blogs.philly.com/blinq/2005/08/tooz.html
http://www.phillyfuture.org/node/1492

·
Live and Let Live
1,606 Posts
Thanks for the 411.

Philadelphia is really underpriced IMO. It should be twice as expensive-but I guess that's good news for people looking to buy homes-unlike here, where its all messed up.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Landlocked city about 100 miles, more or less, from the coast.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
(B) Great Lakes city with a beach but not on the Ocean but very expensive
Just FYI, that city doesn't exist. Chicago would be the closeset thing to it, but even Chicago isn't too espensive for a city with its size and culture. Most areas around the great lakes very affordable.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
ROCguy said:
Just FYI, that city doesn't exist. Chicago would be the closeset thing to it, but even Chicago isn't too espensive for a city with its size and culture. Most areas around the great lakes very affordable.
yea... Great Lakes cities are cheaper than you think...

I pick this choice too...

·
Registered
121 Posts
(E) A Land Locked city with no river or ocean access but inexpensive cost of living

thats the one I would pic

its just like Phoenix or Las Vegas ya know its great no rivers no oceans no lakes just large amonuts of flat land surronded by dry rocky moutains and desert and a low cost of living compared to LA or San Diego alse there is no catastrophic natural disasters here

·
Registered
229 Posts
urban_phx said:
(E) A Land Locked city with no river or ocean access but inexpensive cost of living

its just like Phoenix or Las Vegas ya know its great no rivers no oceans no lakes just large amonuts of flat land surronded by dry rocky moutains and desert and a low cost of living compared to LA or San Diego alse there is no catastrophic natural disasters here
Except Las Vegas is next to Lake Mead and the Colorado river.

·
Banned
757 Posts
urban_phx said:

Ummm....Ummmm..

can someone spell D...R...O..U..G...H....T.....

you just won the spelling bee.....Drought..yeah that's the ticket

1 - 20 of 21 Posts