SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago has so many great resdential scrapers, but if you had the choice which one would you live in?

I would choose Marina City. I wouldn't care which tower, I think Marina is great.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
^I don't need THAT much space, so I'd go with the highest non-duplex penthouse at FS.

If limited to u/c towers, I'd take the highest available unit in Waterview.

If limited to existing towers, I'd pick JHC. Second place is LPT.

·
Banned
757 Posts
I'd buy the old Bigg's Steakhouse and turn into my mansion.....how cool would that be!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Marina city. I would love to live there.
Of the under construction/proposed, I'd say Waterview. I guess I'd just want to live on the river more than anywhere else!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Marina City or Lake Point Tower, followed by the Hancock.

Someone mentioned that Marina City has a lot of problems. I heard that years ago, but I thought they'd made a lot of improvements in recent years.

At any rate, the people I've met recently who live there are pretty happy with the place. My concern is that the new Trump Tower, being so close, will completely dwarf MC and make it seem claustrophobic for those who have a view on that side.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Hmmm.....I'd purchase, renovate & move into Sullivan's Jewelers' Building on Wabash:

Alternately, one of the bridge houses that flank the crossings over the Chicago River:

Or, the top floor of the Mather Tower:

Realistically, I'd go with something like one of Harry Weese's River Cottages:

Or, 860-880 LSD:

As for new construction, I'd go with a Waterview Tower unit (preferably w/a view of my fave Chicago Icon, the Merchandise Mart):

1 - 20 of 22 Posts