SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
39,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who you think would win the right to stage the 2012 Olympics, or who you would like to win. Pictures of facilities/ future facilities would also be nice. You could also suggest another city that is not in the running!

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
I think it'll be between NYC-London-Paris, and from that bunch I think it might lean towards Paris, although I wouldn't mind seeing them in NYC.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
NY ain't gonna get it. It's Paris (who I think would be great) or London (also great). Madrid might suprise people by how many first round votes they get, but they aren't going to get it either. Moscow has no chance.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
samsonyuen said:
NY ain't gonna get it. It's Paris (who I think would be great) or London (also great). Madrid might suprise people by how many first round votes they get, but they aren't going to get it either. Moscow has no chance.
:laugh:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Isn't London's bid in trouble. Several articles indicating it in the last month. Lots of allegations and even some revocation of certain aspects of the bid. The last article was in French, and the caption said, London's bid in trouble. Can anyone translate that?

·
Urge Desire Rest
2,404 Posts
London was offering to pay money towards the cost of athelete's flights and towards the cost of foreign olympic bodies to come to Britain. It was in the orginal bid brochure I believe but the IOC boss was worreid about a bidding war so the UK team withdrew it.

I worse thiong for London may be that some local small businesses that are being asked to relocate (and compensated at the same time of course) have written to the IOC campaigning against it. I don't know what kind of an affect that will have.

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
I have a feeling it will be Paris.

But I would love to see it in NYC (give me a reason to go there, because by 2012 I'll be doing my last year at uni hopefully)

·
Registered
279 Posts
My guess is New York. American TV rights are still the source of major chunks of Olympic funding, and the ratings for Sydney were a disaster, as will Beijing be (time differences) If it goes to Europe in 2012, that will make for 4 Olympics in a row where North American audiences will miss out on much live coverage.

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
I think Paris will get it. Hopefully they will because i think it would be great. London or Madrid would be nice too.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I hope London will get it!
I think it'll be between Paris and London.The most interesting thing is that these two cities are only about 500 miles apart from each other!(and you can take the eurostar to get to any of them) so I think I'll be good for both cities no matter which one of them wins the bid.

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
Hmmmmmm I hope London get it.....but if Paris get it ill be happy too...seeing as Im half French....and Paris only 2hours away by train!

Who do I think will win....ooo too close to call....either Paris or London

·
Delegate of Holland
542 Posts
rantanamo said:
The last article was in French, and the caption said, London's bid in trouble. Can anyone translate that?
Give me the text :)

Most voices call Paris the predcited winner ! I go with them!
Les Jeux Olympiques Parisiens

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
Paris, all the way....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts