SkyscraperCity banner

Which city should house the Canadian Music Hall of Fame?

• Toronto

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Halifax

• Vancouver

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Winnipeg

• Montreal

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Saskatoon

• Sault Ste.

• other

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which city should house the Canadian Music Hall of Fame?

For the record, I should also add in that Toronto got the Hall of Fame last week.

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
I like the wacky poll options, no Calgary or Edmonton but Sault and Saskatoon...this is pointless anyway so i guess it doesnt matter

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Kinda of a dumb poll since some of the cities you listed didn't even have interest in the Hall of Fame. The six original bidding cities were

Hamilton
Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Halifax
Sault Ste. Marie

·
Registered
470 Posts
yeah but Hot Hot Heat just had a show in Vancouver so it should be awarded the hall of fame by default.

Can I get a V, A, N... Yaaaaayyyy Vancouver!

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"why? "

Check the location of the poster, and then tell me you need a reason.

"As the centre and capital of culture in Canada, Montreal should house it."

The centre and capital of culture in Canada is going to house it.

KGB

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"Wrong, the biggest and wealthiest city in Canada is going to house it."

That too....but we weren't talking about that. If you want to pretend montreal is a bigger cultural centre than Toronto...go ahead, but reality is here...and you are over there. Montreal is a city with a great cultural scene...just not on a scale with Toronto.

KGB

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
It's in a good location and could potentially bring in tons of revenue. If it was in any other city, there would likely be much fewer visitors.

• 56 million people visit Yonge & Dundas annually and
shop in the immediate area
• 20 million TTC subway passenger trips start or end
at Dundas Station
• 18 million pedestrians cross through the Yonge &
Dundas intersection annually
• 14 million passengers in vehicles travel through the
Yonge & Dundas intersection annually

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think any place that isnt Ontario, Toronto has so many hall of fames and Ottawa has so many nation musems. Its time anouther city should get one, like Montreal, Calgary or Vancouver.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Geeze you guys are right!

IMHO, from an Americans POV, I think give it to Calgary, Vancouver, or Montreal. Reason being, Toronto gets too much attention, and this is from an American! When I hear about Canada, all I hear about is Toronto this, Toronto that! It sounds like Toronto is the only city in Canada! Everywhere you look, Toronto is getting the biggest buildings, the best concerts, the best sports.. It sounds to me like Toronto, once again, is taking away from Canada, instead of giving back to it. Even in the USA, you dont constantly hear of NYC this NYC that.
Toronto just seems to hog all the attention. I couldnt really care, but I am really speaking my thought out about how I feel about my situation, California. Los Angeles hogs everythiong away from San Diego. So I know how you feel;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts