Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted by Jef:

"Annoying indeed, especially as I have spent much time to share news and renders here. PS. 20 FC has been delayed until after 2012, if it is ever built, and another city high-rise will be put on hold after site clearance. But I am sure you will find out yourselves in due time"

Well, there you go. A city tower is being put on hold, but Jef won't divulge the information. Anyone got any idea of which one it is? Which one do we THINK it will be?

·
Futurist
38,705 Posts
Leadenhall for sure. British Land were due to announce their decision around this time, and from what Iron Fighter said recently it sounds like they're in no hurry to build it.

Btw, it's really childish of Jef to behave like this.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TBH, I would rather it was 122 Leadenhall than the Shard. If it were the Shard, then I would expect it to be the road to cancellation. I feel Leadenhall will be built anyway, if it is pu on hold for a short while or not.

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,350 Posts
Why are guys slating Jef? He's provided us with enough information before. There are perhaps reasons why he can't tell us. Even if there wasn't, it's not hard to find out which one got on hold. Like you just said Will, after viewing all the evidence, it's got to be 122.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not slating Jef personally, I know he has made a very valuable contribution, but TBH I do find it a bit petty as the reason he seems to be doing this is because some people disagreed with his ideas for the forum.

Now, on to speculation, lets try not to talk about that here.

·
Skyscraperholic
2,911 Posts
No one person is bigger than the forum itself. I just come here daily to check out the progress and developments in the skyscrapers and buildings of London.

·
LONDON - Westminster
2,841 Posts
@Gothicform

I was thinking exactly the same. The current situation is much better than I ever expected, less than a year ago I thought only 2 of the big 5 (Heron, LH, Pinnacle, Shard and RS) would ever happen before 2012.

Sure developers will always keep an eye on the market whilst they are progressing, but for now the most important thing is they are progressing. I think it is unlikely though that all these schemes will come to the market at the same time, so some will fast-track and others will go slow.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He wouldn't lie would he?

TBH I don't think he would. He isn't like that. Even if he was upset, I don't think he would lead us on like that.

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Yeah i'm not sure what the situation is.

As I postedi n the other thread 20FC is still down for a 2011 finish (as per there latest accounts issued today)

LBT cant be put on hold as it has 2 pre-lets.
122LH- All Ironfighter said was steelwork etc was put back a bit (that one through away comment from him has lead to all sorts of half truths about it being cancelled etc- It will still take a lot of time to demolish & do sub basement works etc- We will have a more definate idea when BL release ther latest figures which can;'t be that far away.

As far as the other two Heron & Pinnacle. They both have had large amounts of Arab money thrown at them, have finally got vacant possession. If they miss this property cycle it will be quite a wait until the next one so you would assume they would want to get cracking on things.

So.... ideal speculation & forum or chit chat ?!?!

·
Administrator
35,227 Posts
yeah. there may delays to projects because of unforseen issues such as complicated site clearances but everything is continuing to move forwards pretty much as intended. id say this thread is feeding a troll.

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,350 Posts
It's a bit confusing then isn't it. As Gothic just posted above link to the Land Sec results, they would have mentioned today it was on hold till 2012.

This is from the PDF itself:

20 Fenchurch Sreet, EC3 Offices/Retail 54,810/560 PI 2011

·
LONDON - Westminster
2,841 Posts
122LH- All Ironfighter said was steelwork etc was put back a bit (that one through away comment from him has lead to all sorts of half truths about it being cancelled etc- It will still take a lot of time to demolish & do sub basement works etc- We will have a more definate idea when BL release ther latest figures which can;'t be that far away.
Maybe it is all part of the poker game... Why tell your competitors that your project is going to be ready before theirs? So maybe you do not want to rush them and tell everybody yours is going to be later. I don't know, but they do have a lot of demolition workmen on site at LH and it seems they are working as fast as they can.

Anyway, the most important fact is going be the overall markets the next few years and how the city population evolves.

The demolition of Crossby court (Pinnacle) is about to start one of their guys told me yesterday.

·
Administrator
35,227 Posts
thats it precisely JGG. these developers are all doing a big poker game - well less LBT as they have anchor tenants, but the rest definitely are. all their projects come online around the same time and they are all after the same slice of the pie.
any talk of 122LH being put on hold would be moronic for many reasons, not least that British Land have just about run out of space in the broadgate tower already. they are already lining up the next property in their pipeline after 122LH for the city - an application for that one will be due in sometime in 2008.

·
Administrator
35,227 Posts
yeah broadgate 4. you can see from BL their tactic is to have a constant stream of buildings coming online replacing ones that have been built and let so they always have more space u/c to fit demand. its a very bullish attitude from them but so far they have been the big winner in this poker game.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm looking forward to seeing the Broadgate centre have an overhaul, I'm hoping it will eventually get a signiture building, it has been shown that BL are capable of commisioning signiture buildings, and IMO Broadgate Tower just isn't quite good enough, despite shaping up well.

·
Administrator
35,227 Posts
yeah a citypoint sized tower would fit nicely in there. it doesnt need to be a whopper, just something to provide a bit of a pinnacle for what is a high quality but slightly too 80s pomo estate.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, around 130m sounds good. As I have said before, anything above 100m on the Broadgate 4 site will help tie the city to Broadgate from a number of angles, and if it is just around 130m it will not infringe on St Pauls much:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts