SkyscraperCity banner

Which city would you most want to see as a movie setting?

• Detroit

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • New Orleans

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Seattle

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Toronto

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Boston

• Montreal

• Other

Votes: 19 44.2%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Skyscraper
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to realize that way to many movies made today are set in New York City or Los Angeles. Although these are great cities to set a movie in, I would like to see smaller or less popular cities to be the setting for a hollywood film.

For example, Bruce Almighty, was set in Buffalo, NY. No problem with that

What are some cities (other than New York and LA) that you would like to see movies set in......

·
Registered
541 Posts
Toronto needs more films featuring 'Toronto', not posing as New York or Chicago or some other city.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does it have to be in N.America??
I'd love to see tonadoes and tsunamis sweeping over some East Asian cities(in the movie!)

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I'd like to see more "normal" movies set in Detroit. What we seem to get stuck with are the gangsta/crime dramas.

e.g. 8 Mile, Assault on Precinct 13, Exit Wounds, etc.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Boston, Montreal, or Toronto would be unique. Whenever Boston's in movies or TV, I usually think of lawyer shows, or police dramas. Montreal, I can't think any movie recently. Toronto, seen only in Canadian indie films as "Toronto" and not "New York".

There are plenty of Chinese-language films in HK though, many of which are dubbed or subtitled.

·
Registered
227 Posts
^yes ,very intersesting :)
consider create a new spiderman (chinese version,represent hk) together with old spiderman in nyc
take the movie in both nyc and hk is abosuletly wonderful!!!

·
Banned
80 Posts
although, all those cities have appeared in many movies....l.a. and n.y. are way to trendy nowadays for making movies...specially l.a. (i hate l.a.)

i would like to see movies filmed in australia.......very nice, cosmopolitan, sexy cities....unexplored yet, by the movie makers

ill go for melbourne

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
LA gets to much attention in the movies. Its not like anyone never saw LA in a movie. I say... Chicago as a big city gets ignored by the media. The most recent movies that was flim in chicago was..

I, Robot and Mean Girls(linsay lohan, and yes thats was film in a chicago suburb at skokie or evanston, I forgot)

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Spiderman could use the "L" and swing from the skyscraper, with an evil mastermind in an island he made in the middle of Lake Michigan...

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
wickedestcity said:
Chicago a great city that could stand to get some more media

your joking right....ha ah hahah. Chicago has been in so many freaking movies its not even funny!

now Milwaukee is a city that needs more attention on the silver screen. People always forget about us because of Chicago being right down the road. :)

·
Eat your fudge!
1,918 Posts
cos of the artistic scene i would choose montreal i you are doing an art film- duh -
for an action one i owuld choose LA prob.

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
ReddAlert said:
your joking right....ha ah hahah. Chicago has been in so many freaking movies its not even funny!

now Milwaukee is a city that needs more attention on the silver screen. People always forget about us because of Chicago being right down the road. :)

accualy , considering mthe fact that there 10's of thousands of movies/videos/tv episods etc. and i can only thing of maby 25-30 movies over the past 100 years of movies and mabye a few tv series

1 - 20 of 36 Posts