SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mind Reader
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my guess is India

as for China,we have 106.4+ million of non Han Chinese,its rather small in proportion but really large in absolute number.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
IMO India really doesnt have a majority.

Probably USA, the non-white populatio is nearly 30%, but then i dont know if white is a nationality, the largest "ethnic group" in USA is Germans, merely over 20% of the population.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
an american of german ancestry and an american of british ancestry won't be very different from each others nowadays.

Maybe Indonesia could be considered as the country with most minorities

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
the united states is projected to be a nation without a racial majority in less than half a century. in many ways, we function as if we are today, especially if you realize that there are other ways to categorize other than race. every ten years, we (happily) make it more and more difficult for the census takers and analyzers to figure out who the hell we really are. Long before mid-century, I am sure the job will have become impossible.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
In Latvia, Latvians make only 57% of population. In Latvia's capital Riga, half of population are Russians.

·
Premium Member
18,785 Posts
It all depends how you define it though.

It could be argued that Singapore with 70% (?) Chinese is the most, as the indigenous population of that part of the world is Malay (who I think are <25%?). Then again by that logic Australia, Canada and the USA are all up there as their indigenous populations are a tiny percentage of the total. There are plenty of countries where the majority isn't an indigenous race.

·
Banned
274 Posts
what is a minority?

if we're talking racial minority, then it's probably either the US, or maybe Brazil.

india and china have sizable ethnic or religious minorities but how many of them are of a completely different race?

·
Cómete una banana
289 Posts
Probably in percentage is Israel. I think the number of muslims living in that country takes a big percentage of the total population, but I am just guessing.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
the US has ~200 million non-hispanic whites, about 35 million hispanics, 32 million blacks, 12 million asians (china, india, etc...) and about 2 million native americans/inuit/hawai'ians

1 - 18 of 18 Posts