SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting HK in August and besides taking lots of pictures of skyscrapers and other interesting architecture from the outside I was wondering if there are any buildings you can go inside and get a nice view from?
Or are they all closed for the public?

Also, is there an overview somewhere over which architecture in HK is worth seeing? The buildings seen from the harbour are obvious, but I'm sure there are lots of other places which you have to know about first, before you actually seek out the place....

Oh... I almost forgot: Macau as well -I understand this is a day-trip from HK, so are there any cool buildings there?

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
There are some buildings you can go inside, but I'll let the others inform you on that because I'm not too well informed on that.

For an overview - THE PEAK!

Also, don't forget to check out some of Hong Kong's older or colonial styled buildings such as the LEGCO and Murray House (there are more).

·
Registered
659 Posts
hall said:
I'm visiting HK in August and besides taking lots of pictures of skyscrapers and other interesting architecture from the outside I was wondering if there are any buildings you can go inside and get a nice view from?
Or are they all closed for the public?

Also, is there an overview somewhere over which architecture in HK is worth seeing? The buildings seen from the harbour are obvious, but I'm sure there are lots of other places which you have to know about first, before you actually seek out the place....

Oh... I almost forgot: Macau as well -I understand this is a day-trip from HK, so are there any cool buildings there?
mmm.... hk has a mixture of architecture both by international architects and local architects... here's a list of buildings which may worth a visit:

international architects: (i'm not naming the obvious ones which include IFC, Bank of China, HSBC)
SOM - Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre Extension, Wan Chai
Foster - Hung Hom Station, Hung Hom
Arquitectonica - Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong
Arquitectonica - Cyberport, Southern HK
Jerde Partnership - Langham Place, Mong Kok
KPF - Cheung Kong Centre *

local architects:
HKASD - Hong Kong Wetland Park, Tin Shui Wai (Highly Recommended)
DLN - The Centre, Central*
DLN - Central Plaza, Wan Chai*
DLN - Highcliff/Summit, Happy Valley*
Rocco Design - Citibank Building, Central*

* limited access

·
Registered
258 Posts
Central Plaza

OK, i will correct u. The Skylobby in Central Plaza is open for puplic ... i went there 2004 and 2005 ...

Also a good view to Hongkong is in the Hopewell Centre, drinka long drink and enjoy the view.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Most commerical buildings are open to the public. You might not be able to go up, but you should be able to go inside.

Last Nov, when I went inside Bank Of China, I think the skylobby was closed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hkia said:
Most commerical buildings are open to the public. You might not be able to go up, but you should be able to go inside.

Last Nov, when I went inside Bank Of China, I think the skylobby was closed.
Anyone know if it's still closed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts