Skyscraper City Forum banner

Which of the following have you visited / been to? (spent any amount of time in)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Southerner here. I've been to Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Detroit; hope to add some others to the roster in the future.

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
i'm only voted for cities that i've actually visited, not just drive-thrus on the expressway. also, i didn't vote for any cities that i visited as a young child and that i have no real memory of now.

actually visited:
st. louis
minneapolis/st. paul
duluth
madison
milwaukee
green bay
chicago
detroit
indianapolis
cleveland
cincinnati

drive-thru:
des moines
fargo
columbus
omaha

visited as a young child and haven't been back since:
kalamzoo
grand rapids
south bend

·
Premium Member
31,200 Posts
Northeasterner here. :D

Went to Minneapolis for a wedding a couple years, visited Columbus to see relatives, and spent a day in Chicago on the way back from the Twin Cities. I have been through Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Milwaukee, but driving through...so I did not vote for those.

I suppose I had the best time in Columbus. I saw very little of Minneapolis, and didn't see enough of Chicago to judge. I'd like to go back to those cities, and more, at one point in the future.

·
JUNCTA JUVANT
833 Posts
But northeastern Ohio is barely part of the Midwest. It is so much like Buffalo and Pittsburgh that it could pass for the interior northeast.:D
Try telling that to someone from NYC or Boston! lol

I just got back from the NYC and the when I made it know I was from OH, you would've thought that I just told them I lived in Idaho. For God's sakes ... it was only a freakin hour and a half flight!

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Favorite other than Chicago: the Twin Cities.

The Twin Cities is not exactly out of the way. It is very accessible by air. And I have actually taken Amtrak from Chicago to the Twin Cities once upon a time.

Not sure if we ever visited Flint on a leisurely trip to Bay City some time ago. I don't think so.

·
Just kidding.
673 Posts
Not too many unfortunately, and the one's I have been to were mostly when I was younger. Recently I've been to (by such I mean since I've been able to travel without my parents)

1. Milwaukee (I live a whole 20 mins away)
2. Chicago
3. Madison

:eek:hno:
I hope to add Cleveland, St. Louis, and the Twin Cities too that list soon.

I've also been to (when I was little)
Twin Cities
Duluth
Fargo
Green Bay
and I think Souix falls.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've been to Sioux Falls, SD, Omaha, St. Louis, Des Moines, Minneapolis, Rochester, MN , Madison, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Chicago, Rockford, Indianapolis, Columbus and Toledo.

I like Minneapolis, Chicago and Madison best. That doesn't mean I don't dislike the others though. The Midwest has some nice cities.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Of this list, I'm most intrigued by...

Here's my twist on this:
The cities on this list I'm most intrigued by (for whatever reason) include:

• Chicago
  • Minneapolis
  • Cincinnati
  • Cleveland
  • Duluth
  • Toledo

I've been to Chic, Duluth & Minneapolis but not the other cities...I'm just intrigued by these and if I could I'd like to spend more time in each of them.

All cities intrigue me, these do the most right now. I could probably get interested in the others as well but these have some stuff I'd like to see - whether it be the cool downowns, the waterfronts, the historic areas, the industry or whatever.

·
Mostly Sane
2,337 Posts
I've spent some time in most of the cities on the list, and of those, I've spent the most time in the Twin Cities, Chicago, Detroit, Madison, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Duluth, Fargo and Indianapolis. The cities I'd like to spend more time in are St. Louis, Cincinnati and Cleveland.:cheers:

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
I have been to:
Milwaukee
Chicago
Omaha
Topeka
Kansas City
Wichita
St. Louis
Minneapolis

·
Premium Member
Seattle
2,967 Posts
For the 9% of you who have never been to Chicago, please plan a visit soon. In addition to learning about sheer urban planning done right, you will construct a yard stick by which you will measure every other major city in (at least) the Midwest. A visit to Chicago is a must for anyone on this board, and is centrally located in the Midwest region.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
For the 9% of you who have never been to Chicago, please plan a visit soon. In addition to learning about sheer urban planning done right, you will construct a yard stick by which you will measure every other major city in (at least) the Midwest. A visit to Chicago is a must for anyone on this board, and is centrally located in the Midwest region.
araman0, for mid-sized cities, one could easily make a similiar argument for your city, Madison. What Madison accomplishes for a city of its (rather delightful) size is incredible; it should be a model for other cities although they can't import that incredible isthmus location.

People who have never been to Madison may not realize what an incredibly great place it is.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.