SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 238 Posts

· Banned
104 Posts
Japan- Cars, electronics
Germany- Cars, heavy machinery
USA- Aircrafts and military technology

I've known a few Italians and they give me the impression of being arrogant and boasts almost about everything made in Italy (coffee, leather fashion, cuisine... and even tea). geez

· Banned
3,157 Posts
In terms of high tech stuff, like nuclear medicine, military equipment, space equipment, software, computers, nano chips, the US has the best reputation and quality.

If you want to talk about short-bread cookies, the Scottish have the best quality :)

· Registered
426 Posts
The only time I have ever come across a product which had "made in ..." written on it, it has either said China or Taiwan. On the odd occasion you see 'made in the EU.'

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Jonesy55 said:
I can't remember the last time I saw one of those ;)
There are quite a few, still. ;)

You just have to look more closely... unfortunately. :(

As for the topic of this thread... when we talk about large-scale high-quality manufacturing of advanced products that few countries have the capability of producing, three come to mind: US, Japan, and Germany. These three countries are still the world's three largest high-end and high-tech manufacturing countries for producer-goods as opposed to consumer goods. All three are huge in heavy machinery and high tech stuff that is sold to corporations and governments around the world... especially for companies and governments looking for contractors to build such stuff. Want construction equipment to build a new airport, or machinery to build a huge assembly line? Chances are the company you will call is in one of those three countries.

· Iron horse rider dlx
5,070 Posts
Jonesy55 said:
A mobile phone is a mobile phone, i've never had one that has fallen apart whatever the brand. They are free anyway so it doesn't really matter.
A big part of the world is rather passionate about the build quality and functions of mobile phones and there's a large difference between the brands and models. Also, you pay for them one way or another, often by subscription and the stupid branding crap that certain network operators **** up the mobiles with :)

· Registered
438 Posts
For me those 3 countries:

- Germany - all of heavy tools, cars, trucks, cranes, electric equipment, machines, and other "big machinery".

- US - military (aircrafts, aircraft carriers), medicines, space 'tools'

- Japan - hi-tech microprocessors, computers and other staff.

· Registered
2,555 Posts
When things are massed produced in one country it will not be as special or unique because you hear the name all the time. Take China for example it makes everything from paper to satellites and rockets. People only know the common products that China produces and neglect the fact that other products they produce are good quality. I'm not talking about shoes,clothes,furnitures or other stuffs you can find at Walmart. I am talking about Computers, semiconductor chips, super computers, satellite technologies, military technologies, aerospace technology, their shipbuilding industry(3rd largest currently), biotechnology, porcelains(thats why its called China),silks, tea, mobile phones and other consumer electronic products. Take the current LCD and plasma tv you see at your local electronic shop, it may have a Panasonic, Hitachi or even Sony labled on it, but some of them were actually made by TCL(worlds largest TV maker) and the Japanese brand was slapped on to the product.

Anyways as for what nations products regards for being the best,well it really depends on what kinda product you're referring to.

For vehicles it would be Germany,Japan,and Italy
Electronics? Japan,Germany,Korea, and Taiwan
Furnitures? Sweden,Netherlands and Italian
Perfume or cosmetics? France, and Italy
Wine? Italy, France, and Spain
Leather? Spain and Italy
Watches? Switzerland
Chocolates? Belgium
Superb quality sound systems? Britain,Netherlands, Denmark, USA, and some Jap ones.
glass? Italy (venice)
Cigars? Cuba
Coffe? Columbia
Tea? India,China, Sri Lanka and Japan
Ceramics/porcelain? Britian, Italy, China, Japan, and France.
Steel? Czech Republic, Japan, S.Korea, and USA
Mangos? Philipines (they're the best)
Durian? Thailand
Apples and Oranges? USA
Ginseng? S.Korea, and China
Silk? China
Salmon? Canada
Vodka? Russia, and Sweden

ok thats all I can think about for now.

41 - 60 of 238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.