SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It something to note that huge, huge California has its four most prominent, full universities located totally within its two huge metro areas (LA and Bay), two private, two public.

Which of the big four (or the Pac-10 four, if you prefer) do you like the best:
Cal, Stanford, UCLA, SC?

Which has the most "California feel" to it (to me, that would have to be The Farm in Palo Alto, with UCLA in 2nd)?

Which seems most eastern in layout? (my vote: Cal)

Which of the other California campuses rival these (I'd would definitely say UCSB and, for setting alone, UCSC)?

Which do you like the least (perhaps some CSU campuses with a real "institutional feel" to them)?

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Cal. Poly and UC Berkeley have these incredible views!! i mean they are just :eek2:

·
Banned
13,693 Posts
If you lived here, you might feel differently about things, LAuniverse. There's not only gown here, but also town. Both are interdependent and forced to coexist on a few square miles.

·
Banned
13,693 Posts
Haha, you obviously enjoy the distance without the proximity, LAuniverse! ;)

There's nothing wrong with Town -- on the contrary! It's the gown old timers are suffering from: Gown is taking over! :runaway:

·
Banned
13,693 Posts
You *lived* here or you went to Cal, LA? :)

Believe me, there's a difference.

I *lived* here without connection to Cal, except briefly in 1971-72, when I worked @ their Institute of Library Research.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.