8.neovertika
9.1450brickell and park place1
10.everglades on the bay
11.other

why do you dislike it?

·
registered snoozer
253 Posts
Wind, cause it has such a dull, uninspired design. No setbacks and a very Condoish look, it would look better in Aventura,

Runner up is Dupont. Again it looks too much like generic condos. They could have done something alot better with the site. At least its got height though.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The Island Gardens project is mine. Watson Island should stay a park and not become the domain of the rich and famous.

Others I dislike are the dupont buildings for being a terrible waste of urban space and even though it's done, The Vue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
50 Biscayne

I liked the Columbus original design for its height and loved the redesign for its ultramodern glass covered and elegantly curving silhouette; IMO it would have been an awesome addition to the downtown/brickell corridor and a perfect compliment to our city's premier office towers (the four seasons, espiritu, wachovia, and the old centrust).
I would actually prefer to wait for the redesign to be built in 10 years than for 50 Biscayne to go up now despite my support for building more and bigger towers on Biscayne Blvd.
I really dislike 50 Biscayne for its showy, wavy, too colorful decorative fascade and its misuse of one the most important locations on the Blvd (across from Bayfront Park and Biscayne Bay).
For those of you in the know: any chance at all that the redesign could be brought back???
P.S. IMO we need more office towers in downtown or at least mix use towers with an ultramodern look and feel like the four seasons.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
50 biscayne and everglades on the bay for their pretty much wastage of such great land that were really gonna regret in 10 years... everglades on the bay would b amazing if it were taller, the design is great, but for how short they are, it just doesnt work, and their demolition of such a historic building, hate em

and i hate 50 biscayne for the same reasons the rest of us hate it

dupont is also a waste...

were losing too much prime land to mediocore towers... i guess well just have to make up for it by building 1000 footers behind every one to shadow them over... dammit, how i would hate for that to happen...

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
NIMBY :) , bro I do agree with you on the 50 Biscayne :bash: , it could have been a 800 Footer, as for the Everglades on the bay, I say its great , because its 2 - 49 floor Towers on one city block instead of only One lonely tower, as for saving Art of the old everglades Hotel, well its sad, but a 17 floor, 85 year old, refurburished hotel on a 20 million dollar piece of real estate land would not make it in today's downtown Miami market.
NOW, The Dupont Plaza Twin Condo Towers at 45 and 60 Floors on the smallest piece of property along the Miami river. These Two BULKY Towers are Perfect for that parcel, which Nobody wanted to build on., Until this man from Columbia, UGO Columbo, decided to but it, and will build the Best Towers anyone has ever seen. Believe me :) , I was there and saw the drawings and renderings of this Beautiful Towers that will Make Downtown CORE of Miami Shine on the Miami River at the Brickell Avenue Bridge accross from the Future City of " Miami Circle Park ", :cheers:
Everyone :) ,With the 3 Huge Towers of One Brickell Icon in the background, wow, Just Wait, You'll start liking these Towers as they rise in the Future of the Most beautiful City of the United States. :cheers:

·
Banned
4,003 Posts
Okay...Hands down....The Club.

The Club features an inventive box design with elegant aluminum white railings and a wonderful racing stripe with color straight from the Home Depot parking lot "oops paint mix" section. Nestled between the glass 1221 Brickell, glass Espirto Santo, and mostly glass Jade, the Club manages to outdo the Amerisuites, er, I mean, the Mark.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
1. The Club - Just look at it!!
2. 50 Biscayne
3. Coral Plaza - On coral way, its a hideous green and yellow and who knows what other colors. Very cheap looking and its right at the entry to Coral Gables.
4. Island Gardens - Should have stayed public land
5. Vue - At least it was innovative, it was the first to go up along South Miami ave

·
Banned
4,003 Posts
streetscapeer said:
The Sail, Emerald, and Solaris are pretty bad too
Yeah....I don't really like those either...
By the way, have any of you seen the new light feature in the new Federal Courthouse building? The POV from the entrance of Bayside Marketplace looking west at dusk is amazing ! What a great new project in downtown!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Can someone tell me what that stupid wall like thing in the middle of 50 biscayne is?

Is that painted glass and there is something behind it or just a stupid blank mural in the center of the building.

Anyway, i think the building is hideous.

·
Banned
4,003 Posts
logybogy said:
Can someone tell me what that stupid wall like thing in the middle of 50 biscayne is? Is that painted glass and there is something behind it or just a stupid blank mural in the center of the building. Anyway, i think the building is hideous.
Let me get this straight...you mean you don't know what it is and you think it is stupid? Fair enough...
That unique feature is a piece of opaque glass about 40 feet tall and about 120 feet long. Light shines through it and into the apartments from the floor to the ceiling behind the glass. The artwork is by the same artist that designed the "freeform" pillars, the designs on the parking structures and the sidewalk pavers. The sidewalk pavers are to compliment the pavers that already exisist on the sidewalks across the street and are inspired by the soap stone sidewalks that you see in Rio De Janeiro.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.