SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
5,837 Posts
NYC Skyline Identifier

I found this back in 2003 and fell in love with it. When my computer crashed i lost it, but i think it's such an amazing drawing of the city and if you haven't already seen it, you should.

Here is ny drawn from the Bowery to 96th street from the east river....

The pics are quite Large

And from the Hudson....

·
Registered
495 Posts
Please help me I.D. this building...

When I visited NYC last year I did all you could do in the eight days that I was there. I took several hundred pictures, but one I often look back on is this sleek looking, white high rise that I think was up near the Dakota building?

And you see, that is my problem...I don't know what this is, or where exactly I saw it? It's not a great picture but I hope someone can help me out. And what was the building used for? Looks like it was fairly important at one time. I was impressed with the front detail.

It's the thing I love about New York, all the architectural surprises that jump out at you when you least expect it!!

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
It could just be one of those minor buildings that are just named by the mailing address that letters are sent to hence it doesn't have an actual name.

·
Banned
96 Posts
deep sea buildings said:
When I visited NYC last year I did all you could do in the eight days that I was there. I took several hundred pictures, but one I often look back on is this sleek looking, white high rise that I think was up near the Dakota building?
When you say the Dakota, I am sure you are referring to the famous apartment building on Central Park West, right?

It looks like your typical West Side midrise, though I get the impression it isn't in the Upper West Side.....looks a little to neglected for that.

Impossible to tell though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
A little help reguarding AT&T Building

Hi guys i hope im posting this in the right section...

Anyway im just wondering if any of you have any pics of the AT&T building, which is now the sony building i think... Anyway it was designed by Phillip Johnson.

Im currently writing an essay on the pantheon and while doing research for it i can across this quote in one of the books
"the main niche is framed by columns standing in front of it. Along with the arch which penetrates the entablature, the columns form the so called pantheon motif, of which there is much emulation, from the pazzi chapel in florence to the at&t building in New York" So im looking for pics of the AT&T building which shows this "Pantheon Motif" so i can include an image in my writing.
i hope someone out there has some pics.
thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can anybody name this building?

Hi , I took this photo when I was in New York in may 2002. It's obviously under construction, possibly topped-out. It's in the Times Square vicinity.

What's it called?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think I remember this really thin project, like it was supposed to be only 12 ft wide or something, built atop an old building.

Maybe it's that one.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
what the hell am I looking at? Ive never seen that before and I was in that area just a couple weeks ago. I really doubt its only 12 ft. wide that would be pretty impractical for use lol. Although it would shoot up during construction haha

·
Blue Collar
899 Posts
Question about old NYC tower

in the old pictures of NYC, I have seen downtown manhattan as having 3 or 4very tall towers. they are...american international, metlife building, woolworth, and...
theres one more which has a flat top. It is very wide building and looks to be almost as tall as american international. It is an art deco masterpiece and I would love to know the name.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts