Votes: 4 9.3%
  • None Will Get Built!

Votes: 8 18.6%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
7,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now seriousley which ones do we think will be built be 2012 or under construction by 2012, dont just vote for the ones that you like because they might not even get built.

I have included things like Regal Tower and New street tower even though we have not seen any renders.

I personally think

The V building-100%
VTP 200-75%
Broad street tower-75%
Natwest tower replacment-90%
St george house-Unsure
1 Snow Hill Plaza-100%
Beorma Quarter-90%
Pentavia-90%
Lancaster Gateway-Unsure
Martineau Galleries Tower-80%
New Street station Tower 1-95%
New Street station Tower 2-95%
Masshouse office tower-85%
Regal Tower-90%

I have not included the Snowhill tower as it is already under construction.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i work in the city centre and cycle in from mosley, and as i ride to work i imagine all of these towers in their locations and imagine how awesome it will look. To believe that 50% of them will get built is still a lot for a time frame of four years, think what we might have by 2018.

Anyway new street, 103 colmore and snow hill i think are definate

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Very high probabilities on there Brummyboy, I think only Snowhill will be built by 2012. A few others one or two years after that.

·
User Registered
3,758 Posts
I voted for regal n beorma because there might still be hope they could start construction before the year ends

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
Now seriousley which ones do we think will be built be 2012 or under construction by 2012, dont just vote for the ones that you like because they might not even get built.

I have included things like Regal Tower and New street tower even though we have not seen any renders.

I personally think

The V building-100%
VTP 200-75%
Broad street tower-75%
Natwest tower replacment-90%
St george house-Unsure
1 Snow Hill Plaza-100%
Beorma Quarter-90%
Pentavia-90%
Lancaster Gateway-Unsure
Martineau Galleries Tower-80%
New Street station Tower 1-95%
New Street station Tower 2-95%
Masshouse office tower-85%
Regal Tower-90%

I have not included the Snowhill tower as it is already under construction.
I'll join in the fun!!

The V building- - Nope although Arena Central will see movement. V Building will be redesigned and I'm thinking it will be of similar height.
VTP 200- - Pretty straightforward this one. Na-ha.
Broad street tower- - Cant see Richardson's doing much here. Maybe might see something happen in terms of renewing planning app.
Natwest tower replacment- - Difficult one. British Land may see this as one of their best assets to move on with Birmingham's office market looking as it is. I reckon we could see demolition ramping up come the end of next year.
St george house- - Forgot about this one. Nope!
1 Snow Hill Plaza- - What a difference 3 years make. Nope!
Beorma Quarter-- Probably the safest bet.
Pentavia-- Nope
Lancaster Gateway- - Good chance.
Martineau Galleries Tower- - Nope.
New Street station Tower 1- - Nope
New Street station Tower 2- - Nope
Masshouse office tower- - Blah. Predicting Masshouse is a curse.
Regal Tower- - Could, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I just voted for Beorma, simply because the site has already been cleared to some extent and what is currently on the site is truly awful and a blight on an otherwise decent area.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sorry guys, ive been on this forum for too long now and realise that in this current climate brum has little chance of anything happening. Even in the "boom" years when brum was being billed as a new "frankfurt" all we ended up with was a cut down HCT and orion!

I really do hope im wrong however as just a few of those towers would make a world of diffwrence to our skyline.

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
One good thing at the moment are the S106's are cheap as chips. May see a few more plans wet our appetite only to be let down again! :lol:

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
What's st george house and pentavia?
St George House is a scheme just off Hill Street consisting of a hotel in one tower and apartments in another. I think things have changed a bit since it was first mentioned though and the developers have been struggling to get it going (the developers are based on that land its supposed to be built and only use a small fraction of that land so are keen to develop it). Here are the only renders we've had:

Pentavia is a big office, hotel and apartment scheme that was planned for Five Ways Shopping Centre. After it was unveiled, it kind of went quiet and nothing's happened since. Here's a render:

·
Jersey's finest
4,974 Posts
Its amazing how in three years most, if not all of those towers have gone from a more or less definite YES to a complete and utter NO that we almost laugh at in hindsight.

·
Proud European
6,473 Posts
Sorry, but I can't see any of these happening before 2012.

V and VTP and New St Towers are complete non-starters. Never will happen.

BST is highly unlikely to happen.

The rest will need a move in the market of a scale that I can't see happening by the end of next year.

Of all of them, by 2020 i'd be surprised if anything other than Natwest, Boerma and Regal had happened. The rest i think are lame ducks.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
I wonder why someone thought New Street Tower 1 was more likely to be built than tower 2 when they were both practically the same...? :lol:

·
The promised land
17,483 Posts
Pentavia did have student accommodation in it didnt it? so if anything that would be the safest risk to build as 3 parts of the elements could potentially work, hotel, student lets and office but as has been said nothing has happened since the planning application

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Don't know, it was never said, but I think it would have been at least 75m (which is a very very low estimate). I'll try and find out the status of the project over the next week.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts