SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
Hong Kong - these are your normal privately-developed condo complexes.

They usually have recreation facilities such as swimming pools, gyms, cafes, etc. Many of them are built on top of malls, which makes things even more convenient. The best Hong Kong housing innovation IMO is the apartment complexes on top of a mall on top of an MTR station (of course, the MTR Corp. would be one of the developers of these).

On the lower end, government housing projects are also 40-50 storey blocks but much less sophisticated in appearance. Facilities are more basic.

On the higher end, luxury developments have more interesting architecture and improved facilities. The most valued (i.e. expensive) luxury, however, is the view outside the window.

·
Proud Tamilian
21 Posts
In Toronto Canada ( Suburbs) you can find these

the prices however in the GTA have gone up alot. My family bought a 2000 sqft house for $237000 and we sold it for 330000. About 10 years ago you could of gotten a 3000 sqft house for $237000. Houses in other parts of canada such as ottawa, parts of northern ontario are much cheaper.

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
^ I hate those homes with the garages that stick out like that, they seem to be improving that problem though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
In Finland, mostly middle-sized single apartment or row-houses like these:

but also apartment buildings like this renovated commieblock 1km from where I live:

In these suburbs it's often impossible to tell which are middle-class apartment houses, as the social structure is very mixed. There are often some cheap rental apartment buildings in an areas othervice dominated by middle-class ownership apartments, just to avoid other areas to develop into nasty poor-only ditricts.

·
Nooo, ya no
1,244 Posts
In spain ,today,the new promotions for the middle class are apartments with swimming pool, parks, tennis... in the center of the urbanization or semi-detached houses

Promotions in Madrid

·
Banned
2,337 Posts
Britain

... ssshhh dont be silly, thats Scotland ;) this is proper Britain - few areas od the country, because all places have different types of housing :cheers:

London (still fairly expensive, but for the city its definately thier middle class.

West Midlands

Scotland

South West

Central

·
Minneapolis
2,032 Posts
Off of Desperate Housewives:

Some of the characters on that show more represent the upper-middle class...but this home looks very middle class'ish.

Eva Longoria..... :bow: *drool*

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
I would guess that the typical middle class houses look like this:
Photo by mlm

·
→
3,419 Posts
A little of middle class in my city.. pictures of mine, showing mainly my neighboorhood.. middle class here, and in Brazil, lives in houses, buildings or closed condos..

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hey Birminghamculture you forgot the middle class homes of South East England (proud to boast probably the highest concentration of middle class in Europe ;)! I would shoe some pics of typical houses but dont know how to host them etc etc.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hey Birminghamculture you forgot the middle class homes of South East England (proud to boast probably the highest concentration of middle class in Europe ;)! I would show some pics of typical houses but dont know how to host them etc etc.

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
_alonso_ said:
Funny;)

This is more like it:

Norway outside Oslo: almost 100% of the population is middle class, and live mostly in single attatched houses or rowhouses, like these.

Oslo: More rich people and more poor people, but still a big middle class in international context. Most live in apartments like these.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts