Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
no offence, but i cant stan abu dhabi, i can never feel comfortable there, i dont like the roads, the driving there, the city lay out,
then again, i lived all my life in dubai, i can be biased towards dubai

·
Registered
32,114 Posts
juiced said:
Abu Dhabi is like the little embryo in a mother's womb, and Dubai is like a fully grown mature blonde.
... and Sharjah is just a natural blonde with BLACK coloured hair. :lol:

·
Banned
259 Posts
DarkBlueBoss said:
no offence, but i cant stan abu dhabi, i can never feel comfortable there, i dont like the roads, the driving there, the city lay out,
then again, i lived all my life in dubai, i can be biased towards dubai
your kidding me rite, abu dhabi has a lot better layout then dubai and roads are much better and wider. :bash:

dubai is better in other ways, like it has much more fun stuff to do.

·
Kool Kat
12,521 Posts
If you ask any architect who's into landscaping they will tell u that the grid layout is always prefered and considered more efficient than the kinda layout of roads that Dubai has. Abu Dhabi is better planned city when it comes to the road network, infact I would go as far as saying Abu Dhabi has the best road network in the UAE, although there is a lot of room for improvement.

I prefer living in Abu Dhabi to Dubai simply because it's not as fast paced as Dubai. But on weekends there is no better place to be than Dubai! But then again, I've been brought up in Abu Dhabi and I have a shit load of friends in Dubai so that's how I feel. I love them both at the end of the day.

·
Registered
521 Posts
hey, mathematically, i am sure AD has a better layout, more like a grid,
but IMO i like dubai's i am not restricted to 90 degree angel road, and a web of parallel and perpendicular road, i like how dubai is spread out, more space, more twists and turns, bridges, under passes, u know, its not normal,
abu dhabi network, seems like it was designed by some nerd, everything had to be exact, dubai network, is more like , we'll build it as we go, and we'll see what we'll end up with, (might be weird and abnormal, then again, whats normal about dubai )

·
Banned
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahahaha DarkBlueBoss, u said some nerd yea? well 'they' are canadians, they are the ones who organized Abu Dhabi, one company called cansult, its the most active canadian company in all the ME lol.At that time it was called Audi-cansult i have no idea if they split up or something.

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,974 Posts
gotta say i like Dubai best
but again it all i really know
i have been to the other emirates but never lived on them or even stayed over night !

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,974 Posts
is nice and dense, Wide open streets from what i remeber
Great Waterfront with heaps of potential that is currently being developed
An Established city and heaps of other factors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.