SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently the race is on between Manchester's Eastgate/Inacity Tower and the La Lumiere twin towers in Leeds.

or will Liverpool and Birmingham steal their thunder??

Eastgate/Inacity Tower, Manchester - 188m, 58storeys, Status - Approved

La Lumiere, Leeds - 171m, 54storeys, Status - Proposed

·
sjwmoore
1,382 Posts
Yup, can only be Manchester, they have a council that fully backs tall building proposals and a demand for living and office space

·
No more heroes anymore
417 Posts
Whilst this obviously means that Birmingham has a new tall tower in the works I am skeptical as to whether it will end up being the tallest in the country (bar London). Mainly because of Birminghams recent high rise past (the height reduction of HCT and the arena central saga).

I'd love to be prooven wrong however, another city joining the race to have the UK's tallest would certainly be exciting.

·
Registered
11,099 Posts
Dalmarnock Tower in Glasgow is proposed at 55 floors / 180m with a more detailed proposal due anytime now - so maybe it will challenge Eastgate?

·
Registered
491 Posts
1: Birmingham
2: manchester
3: leeds

·
15,712 Posts
i love gothic........

....and i agree

but it will be a close run thing between all four cities i cant help but feel......

Birmingham started the race in the planning, Manchester started the race in the buildings.....the point has come though now where all cities can now watch and learn.....!

·
Registered
435 Posts
inquisitor57 said:
Whilst this obviously means that Birmingham has a new tall tower in the works I am skeptical as to whether it will end up being the tallest in the country (bar London). Mainly because of Birminghams recent high rise past (the height reduction of HCT and the arena central saga).
I suspect the tower gothic alludes to actually is Arena Central.

Although I may be wrong.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Plans will soon be uveiled in Newcastle for a piece of one of the best sites in the North of England. The developers had a consultation and asked the public what they thought of tall buildings, and the idea now seems widely accepted, providing the designs are high quality. The site could incorparate up to 3 skyscrapers between 150m-200m and more 50m-150m buildings, so fingers crossed!

·
15,712 Posts
newcastle kid said:
Plans will soon be uveiled in Newcastle for a piece of one of the best sites in the North of England. The developers had a consultation and asked the public what they thought of tall buildings, and the idea now seems widely accepted, providing the designs are high quality. The site could incorparate up to 3 skyscrapers between 150m-200m and more 50m-150m buildings, so fingers crossed!

fingers crossed i agree...... but u gotta admit that however big the chance of there being a 200m tower in ncl, there is 10x more chance of there being nothing over 15 floors lol

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Likely to be Manchester because Birmingham has people etc that moan about tall buildings. Wasnt Birminghams Beetham ment to be 150 Meters? but it was shortened because of the moan alots.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
gothicform said:
the tower gothic alludes to is NOT arena central :) itll be taller than beetham and probably taller than eastgate.[/QUOTE

Is Gothic alluding to Lancaster Circus ?

·
15,712 Posts
andysimo123 said:
Likely to be Manchester because Birmingham has people etc that moan about tall buildings. Wasnt Birminghams Beetham ment to be 150 Meters? but it was shortened because of the moan alots.
HCT was meant to be 190m thanku lol

and it got reduced as a result of the CAA and was also temp shelved as a result of an IRA right next door!

·
15,712 Posts
hammerb24 said:
gothicform said:
the tower gothic alludes to is NOT arena central :) itll be taller than beetham and probably taller than eastgate.[/QUOTE

Is Gothic alluding to Lancaster Circus ?
i cant help but think he likes to muddy the water and stir stuff up... could be anything....lancaster, paradise...anything

1 - 20 of 376 Posts