SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While states like California, Texas, North Carolina, and others have a number of bases with significant military presence, which states have the fewest bases and least military presence (not including National Guard)?

·
Skybar Mod
24,403 Posts
Tennessee has very few, the only major AFB is Fort Campbell and that is only halfway in TN. The other half is in Kentucky.

·
Love me, love my dog...
3,075 Posts
Tennessee has very few, the only major AFB is Fort Campbell and that is only halfway in TN. The other half is in Kentucky.
There are a couple of large army ammunition plants and a large naval support center. Arnold AFB is somewhere in TN.

But yeah, it's not nearly as large a military presence as NC/GA and some other southern states.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had always thought that Minnesota was near the bottom, but it has much more than Vermont -- albeit, most of the personnel are Reserve/National Guard.

•Army 321
•Navy & Marine Corps 320
•Air Force 221
•Coast Guard 1,185
•Active Duty Military 862
•Reserve and National Guard 24,219
•Total Personnel 26,266

·
Skybar Mod
24,403 Posts
There are a couple of large army ammunition plants and a large naval support center. Arnold AFB is somewhere in TN.

But yeah, it's not nearly as large a military presence as NC/GA and some other southern states.
It's in Tullahoma but it's tiny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts