Skyscraper City Forum banner

Where are you from?

• I was born and raised in the City of Los Angeles, currently living in the City of Los Angeles.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I was born and raised in the City of Los Angeles, currently living in the Los Angeles metro.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I was born and raised in the Los Angeles metro, currently living in the City of Los Angeles.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I was born and raised in the Los Angeles metro, currently living in the Los Angeles metro.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I am a transplant currently living in the City of Los Angeles.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I am a transplant currently living in the Los Angeles metro.

Votes: 13 27.1%
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
I am a transplant currently living in the Los Angeles metro.
LOL, they came here all the way from NYC just to sleep in a Red Line station?

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^I thought you lived in Detroit prior to Los Angeles?

·
Registered
346 Posts
uh. If you cannot answer the question then you should not have voted (ie. from Los Angeles and no longer live in the area) :eek:hno: .

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
I was born in the city of Los Angeles (Hollywood), raised in LA County, and next year will reside in the city of Los Angeles.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Unfortunately I cannot say that I was either born and raised or currently live in the city of LA, however, I have lived in the city of LA (Playa Del Rey) and currently I live about 2 blocks from the border of the city of LA (Venice).

·
The Place
1,137 Posts
I was born like 6000 miles and some away from here So i guess i'm a transplant and living in the LA metro very close to the city of LA though. Glendale!!

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I forgot to respond.

As for me, I was born and raised in Los Angeles and am now living in Pasadena. I love it here. Pasadena has just about everything...great nightlife, great culture, great educational opportunities, a high standard of living; the works. Pasadena feels a world away from the craziness that is LA; so naturally most Pasadenians don't really consider themselves Angelenos, but I do. I feel that I am more so a Pasadenian than an Angeleno, but I nevertheless proudly call Los Angeles my home. So much so, I refuse to list Pasadena as my location.

Most of my family resides in the San Gabriel Valley, although I do have a few relatives up north in San Jose and a few in New York City.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm an immigrant from Pennsylvania living in the city of LA. Although my family has traditionally resided in the LA area for several generations.

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm an immigrant from Pennsylvania living in the city of LA. Although my family has traditionally resided in the LA area for several generations.
Did you live a more suburban lifestyle or did you live in a more urban type city with rowhouses, grit, walkable neighborhoods, etc.?

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Okay my turn....

I was created over a hot passionate night of love making (parents), then 9 months later, here I am.

I was borned in Los Angeles on a cold winter morning on the month of February 17th to be exact.

You can say I lived 75% of my life in North Hollywood, Oh I'm sorry my ex~neighbors will kill me, I meant Valley Village. I also lived in these hoods:

Tarzana~L.A. City
Encino~L.A. City
Montclaire~L.A. County (run away days)
Glendora~L.A. County (run away days)
San Juan Capistrano~The OC (run away days)
Moorpark~Out of L.A.County (free housing)
Valencia~L.A. County(needed somewhere to crash for a week or so)
Westchester~L.A. City (free housing) current*

Soon possible The San Fer Valley again*

That's pretty much it....:pepper:

1 - 20 of 124 Posts