SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to check out the other regional forums from time to time. There doesn't seem to be as much animosity in the threads of the other three regions as there seems to be in the Southern region. I was just wondering why that was. Anyone care to share their opinions on this idea?

Do we consider ourselves more proud of our areas and homes than most other Americans outside of the South? What is it?

·
Registered User.
2,249 Posts
I don't know. I know there is a lot of dislike towards Oklahoma on here.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The other states will never be as cool as Alabama, so that causes problems! :lol:

I think we're just very defensive of the south, and our particular corners of the south, so we get upset if someone says something negative about where we're from or someplace we identify with. I don't spend much time in the other regions, so I don't know if people from Seattle or LA are as defensive of their cities; New Yorkers and Chicagoans seem to be...

If someone says "Mobile sucks," I'm going to be defensive. If they'd said Alamogordo, NM, is the worst city they've ever been to, I doubt I'm going to notice.

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other states will never be as cool as Alabama, so that causes problems! :lol:

I think we're just very defensive of the south, and our particular corners of the south, so we get upset if someone says something negative about where we're from or someplace we identify with. I don't spend much time in the other regions, so I don't know if people from Seattle or LA are as defensive of their cities; New Yorkers and Chicagoans seem to be...

If someone says "Mobile sucks," I'm going to be defensive. If they'd said Alamogordo, NM, is the worst city they've ever been to, I doubt I'm going to notice.
Mobile doesn't suck. But tell those people out in West Mobile to get onboard before the city leaves them behind!

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Well I hate the SC Upstate. They get all the um..... they don't get um..... I dunno I JUST DO!
insecure, tree-obsessed, inbred ******** and hippy transplants who think "Columbia's concrete city, it's too big and hot" ;)

for the OP, it's some kind of competition among southerners because most of us are related one way or another because of all the inbreeding. plus we're a hot tempered, proud people with more brawn than brains. YEEE-HAWWWW!!! :nuts:

-

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
It's quite obvious you missed the great summer of 2004. This forum was really fun back than. :lol: The fighting now pales in comparison.

·
history craver
569 Posts
insecure, tree-obsessed, inbred ******** and hippy transplants who think "Columbia's concrete city, it's too big and hot" ;)

for the OP, it's some kind of competition among southerners because most of us are related one way or another because of all the inbreeding. plus we're a hot tempered, proud people with more brawn than brains. YEEE-HAWWWW!!! :nuts:

-
:hilarious :rofl:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Mobile doesn't suck. But tell those people out in West Mobile to get onboard before the city leaves them behind!
:lol: My cousin is involved in that "West Mobile is its own city" shit. It's a white flight thing, and I think it's ridiculous - I'd rather live near the Loop than anywhere west of Azalea Rd.

You're right, they're going to turn themselves into some backwards town, instead of being part of Mobile's renaissance. Get a mile off of Airport Blvd., out around Dawes Rd., and it's like another world already - away falls the modern subdivisions and you're in trailer hell.

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:lol: My cousin is involved in that "West Mobile is its own city" shit. It's a white flight thing, and I think it's ridiculous - I'd rather live near the Loop than anywhere west of Azalea Rd.

You're right, they're going to turn themselves into some backwards town, instead of being part of Mobile's renaissance. Get a mile off of Airport Blvd., out around Dawes Rd., and it's like another world already - away falls the modern subdivisions and you're in trailer hell.
You hit it on the head. Just good ole boys trying to buck the system. Until Mike Dow came around, the city wanted to stay lost in time. Good thing Mobile occasionally runs across visionaries! We need to keep people like Dow around for the long haul in any type of capacity.

Even though I haven't lived in Mobile for some number of years, I still love my home and wish all the best for it.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Why do we fight on these threads??

Because OKC and Tulsa have the stupidest posters on this site.

:lol: I'm just playing with you guys (SRG, TU Cane). :eek:kay:

Every city/state has boosters that won't take off their homer glasses. It's frustrating to talk to them about anything, even if you agree. I guess it's pretty easy to argue with and dis someone behind the comfort of your computer.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts