SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the scousers have got a really good thing going where there is a consise and smart looking photo update of all major construction projects

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=4049623&postcount=1

It seems Martin S has taken this upon himself although it hasnt been updated for a while i notice.
it seems such a shame we have so many good photographs of things going up but they are all over the place.
I dont have the skills or knowhow to put something like this together.
Can none of us lot do something like this?
Its a really good idea and looks great.

·
10th February 2008
59,904 Posts
The Longford said:
the scousers have got a really good thing going where there is a consise and smart looking photo update of all major construction projects

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=4049623&postcount=1

It seems Martin S has taken this upon himself although it hasnt been updated for a while i notice.
it seems such a shame we have so many good photographs of things going up but they are all over the place.
I dont have the skills or knowhow to put something like this together.
Can none of us lot do something like this?
Its a really good idea and looks great.
Because we update/take pictures more frequently. What with Roly, the Beard, H, Shutty, me, and all the others,(sorry if I've missed you out) we don't need one of those. :)

I'd rather the new/updated pics stay in their relevant threads, but if the majority prefer one of those, that's ok with me.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Accura said:
Well come on... did he really do more good than bad?
Sometimes fun, sometimes ennoying.

He wasn't all bad.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just think it would be good to have a 'one stop shop' where a pic is posted every month just to show progress on all the major developments and you can do a 'compare and contrast'.
I think the trouble is there is just too many keen photographers (a problem most forums wouldn't mind having) and some real crackers sort of get lost or shifted down the thread too quickly (i'm the most guilty of irrelevant 'banter' i know!).
It seems a shame to lose some great photos deep in a thread and i think this sort of thing would help that.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You would know if i had died because a national day of moaning would be called.
Beautiful women across the land would throw themselves semi naked into my grave as my coffin is lowered.
Radio stations would play sombre music and television screens would remain blank.
The birds would stop singing in the trees and flowers would not open from their buds.
Trust me - you would know if i died!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
9462 said:
maybe he got run over?

i mean if one of us ever dies we'd never know right?
Who Chris? He ain't dead. lol

·
Less is more.
6,209 Posts
No point adding yet more threads that increase the sites bandwidth usage, there's already a gazillion photos on the Manc forum, people will just have to sift through if they want the latest pics., if they don't see them then they don't see them. Besides Longwheelbase, those type of threads don't get viewed that often, people tend to[I think] look at the individual project threads, which could explain why that scouse one hasn't been updated for a while.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is it Zoolander?

Alright then it was a stoopid idea! I'll keep my brainwaves to myself in future!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Hmm, how about reinstating the index thread which caw123 removed. Y'know, like that first post of Martins' except the links lead to the relevant thread pages and perhaps the latest constuction photo can be put next to said links?

I'd do it. Who's in favour?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts