Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the states we never get canadian news unless something terrible happens.....but in canada you guys always show u.s news. Canada cant seem to get away from the shadow of the u.s. Oh ya plus hockey sucks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd be impressed (or depressed?) if someone who lives where you do would get much Canadian news. Oh ya plus something American that I can't think of right now sucks.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
American football sucks. It's like football, but played by homos and full of commercials. Boring.

Canadians get American (and British, and French, and German, and Japanese, and Chinese, etc.) news because we aren't full of ourselves.

Oh yeah, Dennis Rodman sucks monkey ass.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not to be rude but what the **** was your point. So what if we are.....where exactly do you live because I'm sure that if you lived close to the Canadian borders you'd hear alot of things that are going on in Canada. But also if you don't live in Canada, how would you know what kind of news we get? We have our own dedicated news channels and news hours ( Global, CBC, CTV, CityTv, CP24, etc...) and so what if we get an American story there's probably 20 stories and out of the 20 theres probably 1 that's American ( and it actully has to do with us ) . If your just trying to boost your countries already massive ego then just stop. Because we all know when it comes down to everything, America isn't all that great.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you lucky u have hockey in america....cuz thats where the most revenues come from.....go ducks....no stanley cup for a canadian team since when? haha......canadiens...1993

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
you lucky u have hockey in america....cuz thats where the most revenues come from.....go ducks....no stanley cup for a canadian team since when? haha......canadiens...1993
AMerica has to import Canadians to play the game.. half the ducks are Canadians.. thats how bad Americans are at the sport. A nation with 1o times the population can't muster the talent to beat it's northern neighbour... how's that for living in a shadow?

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cuz nobody cares about hockey here ...lol .....

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Trolling is forbidden in NASF. Dennis Rodman has been warned.

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Canada cant seem to get away from the shadow of the u.s. Oh ya plus hockey sucks.
Who is this *******?

And is it even possible for any country to get away from the shadow of the US? Oh wait, China can, because you guys are pissed off they're turning your entertainment industry upside down. Bootlegged DVD's for the win.

·
Technology Pro
1,607 Posts
Simply put....It's population!

As ignorant as some americans are...we are only as important to them based on our population. Obviously, that's not literally taken into consideration. But that's what happening. Especially with the media...Why Televise Canadian content especially when most people in NA live in the US? The cause of the lesser exposure to the masses is based solely on decision-makers for larger Media outlets...thus, Americans are not educated of our customs outside of school. They are only taught Canadian Geography, demograhics etc etc. With the attention spans of people in this generation...with TV shows and entertainment.....why even care right...? welll....that just my opinion

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
. They are only taught Canadian Geography, demograhics etc etc.
They don't know ANYTHING about us. Trust me, I've been to schools in more than one state, and there's nothing about Canada anywhere in any curriculum. I agree with everything else you said though.

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
They don't know ANYTHING about us. Trust me, I've been to schools in more than one state, and there's nothing about Canada anywhere in any curriculum. I agree with everything else you said though.
I have a friend who moved to a city called Elko in Nevada, and his high-school friends actually think it's always cold and snowing above the parallel. No joke.

·
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґ&#4
5,767 Posts
I have a friend who moved to a city called Elko in Nevada, and his high-school friends actually think it's always cold and snowing above the parallel. No joke.
Yeah, but thats Nevada. (need I say more?)

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
Does any one friend have an account on skyscrapercity with the alias DennisRodman? Just wondering...

·
Registered
229 Posts
This thread was intentionally created to piss you off guys, and if you continue answering you'll get more bad intentioned comments.

Canada offers a lot of oportunities for everyone! :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
The reason most Americans don't know much about Canada is not due to stupidity, it's because Canada has a weak national culture. Another is based on geography. Imagine a map of the North American continent with Canada full of large cities from the U.S. border all the way to the Arctic circle. Now imagine there are three maybe four large cities just over the border( and I mean just barely over the border) in the U.S. and hardly anything below that. Would Canadians care to think that much about those few American cities? probably not. It doesn't mean they don't care about the people living there, but they aren't going to really bother to get to know them so well either. After all, the state of California has seven million more people than all of Canada and what it produces is known throughout the world.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.