SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am used to pressing the send button and then I go and make a cup of tea or make a phone call or something while the page loads. Today, it is happening almost before I have clicked the button. It's ridiculous. Surely there is no need for such a fast Forum? Also, the page is loading in a different shape - it used to fill my screen, which is a "wide" one, now its centred. And there are ads - makes it look much more professional, I like them. :) But just slow it down a bit please, it won't be so relaxing if the pages load instantly. Do we still have the 39 second rule?

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
I don't like the lack of width TBH! And, the faster, the better!

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Stop complaining, thread starter - we should be thankful for a faster forum / server - think of how much fucking lost time we can now claw back - MONTHS!!!! :yes:

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
No, because with the size of pictures people like to post in here, before, most of it would fit on my screen and I could see the forum as a whole, now many posts **** off the right of the screen making me have to scroll most of the time whilst I have a 200 pixel white border on the left.

Absolutely no need for it. I suspect it was done to make the banner and the adds at the top fit together nicely, but that could have been done without effecting anything below it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
About time that the speed of things got improved. The ads are pretty unobtrusive and will provide much needed funding for the site which must cost a lot to host and maintain. God knows how it was funded till now, used to be on the old forums that Jan and the Dutch Council for Tall Buildings funded the whole lot. Couldn't expect that forever!

Agreed that the new centered format is a little annoying but I'm sure i'll get used to it, especially at high speed :)

·
Banned
300 Posts
FAO original poster - give yourself a shake son. Wanting to slow it down? Behave.

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
Thankyou whoever put the width back.

·
10th February 2008
59,917 Posts
Warp drive seems to have breached again over the last couple of weeks. Slowing down.

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
It really has been slow on here of late - hence the reason so many people keep making double posts due to keep clicking the submit button!

The main UK forum page doesn't seem to mark any forums as read. :dunno: (Although the city subforums seem fine)
Try your refresh button? Quite often I go back to the main page and the time at the bottom of the page is like 5 minutes ago but one click on refresh makes it the correct time and brings everything up to date. :)

·
10th February 2008
59,917 Posts
For God's sake! Can somebody please sort out the server! Thank you.

Did anyone else see that tortoise wizz past?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts