Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fed up, every day I look on the Skybar and City Talk sections and regularly find offensive posts and threads against Scottish people, These posts and threads are usually started by certain individuals and always criticise the Scottish People, their lifestyle and their budget for the Parliament. they always maintain that Scottish People hate them, when in fact we don't. they always claim that we are the ones that make a mockery of them, which we don't, it is in fact more often than not the other way round.

Would you tollerate Racism against ethnic minorities, would you tollerate racism against people of a different religion, the answer is no. If you said something like that on here you would be banned. However things are often said that are racist to Scottish People, and yet nothing s done about it, it is in a way acceptable for people to do so.

I recently read that scousers are fed up as well because they are often targeted much in the same way. Is this acceptable on a forum covering the whole of the UK, not just one area or country.

I also want to critiscise the lack of intervention from other people on these forums, they know it happens and yet they do absolutley nothing about it. It's time for change.

So I ask why are these sorts of folk allowed on these forums, Why?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I've noticed theres a lot of anti-Scottish feeling on these forums too. Dont let it bother you, nothing will be done, ignore the threads. Some of the shit that gets bandied about in the sports section ( particularly towards Scousers ) can only be described as a fucking disgrace, no action is taken though.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Use the "Report Post" function (the little icon below your post count), or alternatively PM a mod and we'll deal with this.
Addendum: unless the post is by a mod/admin, in which case your report is ignored or the thread you start about it mysteriously vanishes...

Hmm...

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
It makes me sick. Those forumers always concentrate on the one (or two) things. What about the 95% of good things we share and enjoy from each other's countries?? :dunno:

Somebody needs to create a "We Love Scotland" thread. :yes:

·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Butterfield. They should also make one for England too. I, like a lot of people actually love the UK and England especially as I have many friends from the country and lived there for a few years and loved it.

·
Banned
560 Posts
i think the anti-scottish feeling in england comes from the years of being berated by thousands of bitter bigoted scots (often celtic fans) who seem to want to trash England at any given opportunty..years ago i would say that the majority of english people felt british ..but not anymore.In fact i would say the majority want an independent England.Just look at the unfair distribution of NHS services and Education funding..it is a disgrace the way things are.Hopefully one day we can be rid of the pernicious Scottish political establishment class who unfortunately currently run things in our country.

·
Rock Lord
12,954 Posts
I am fed up, every day I look on the Skybar and City Talk sections and regularly find offensive posts and threads against Scottish people, These posts and threads are usually started by certain individuals and always criticise the Scottish People, their lifestyle and their budget for the Parliament. they always maintain that Scottish People hate them, when in fact we don't. they always claim that we are the ones that make a mockery of them, which we don't, it is in fact more often than not the other way round.

Would you tollerate Racism against ethnic minorities, would you tollerate racism against people of a different religion, the answer is no. If you said something like that on here you would be banned. However things are often said that are racist to Scottish People, and yet nothing s done about it, it is in a way acceptable for people to do so.

I recently read that scousers are fed up as well because they are often targeted much in the same way. Is this acceptable on a forum covering the whole of the UK, not just one area or country.

I also want to critiscise the lack of intervention from other people on these forums, they know it happens and yet they do absolutley nothing about it. It's time for change.

I think you will find these threads are started by the same two people and most other forumers (myself including) debate with them and dispute their arguements that is why those threads are so long.

I would suggest instead of complaining about it here you get stuck in to them as well.

·
Banned
8,209 Posts
What Zim said.

The unpleasant attacks are always started by a select posse of forumers. They ruin it for everyone else. :down:

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
I think you will find these threads are started by the same two people and most other forumers (myself including) debate with them and dispute their arguements that is why those threads are so long.

I would suggest instead of complaining about it here you get stuck in to them as well.
I'd suggest ignoring them to let the threads die a death. :dunno:

·
Still Alive
9,875 Posts
Like i have mentioned several times in the past week i have never been anti Scottish myself and would certainly never make anti Scottish posts in these forums i am a strong beleiver in equal rights like everybody in the UK should be equal without a nation/forumer disadvantaged thats all.

·
Banned
18,269 Posts
I've noticed theres a lot of anti-Scottish feeling on these forums too. Dont let it bother you, nothing will be done, ignore the threads. Some of the shit that gets bandied about in the sports section ( particularly towards Scousers ) can only be described as a fucking disgrace, no action is taken though.

it is a few indivuiduals, but they are generating a lot of noise.. trying to stir things up, failing mainly ... but it is more than irritating and dangerous!

·
control yourself
4,370 Posts

I have no idea Mr B. - why are these sorts of folk allowed on these forums, why?

Why Pink, it must be for the Gay community or a bunch of girls, well Gay people are girly aren't the, the weirdo's that they are.
:lol: Not nice it may be but what kind of a guy loves guys. It's wrong, guys are suposed to love burds.
okay fine, by who did you mean that was gay? That's the ones I hate are the ones who make these stupid statements and shout there mouth off in public thats the ones I hate. The other ones are alright, just as long as they don't hit on you.

·
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes as you will see I have appologised several times, to those terrible comments I made. As you will of course see if you look at the thread, Sorry if I've offended you. I wasn't thinking right at the time and have since realised, okay?:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts