SkyscraperCity banner

Wichita Falls,Tx USA

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I have always been apprehensive to put my hometown up here. However, after reviewing much of the list I have come to the conclusion mine isn't near the best but not the worst so here goes. Be nice! :)

Wichita Falls, Texas
Wichita Falls City 100,000
Metro 140,000

·
...wolf in cheap clothing
734 Posts
Looks about average for a smaller city, but I like the architectural details. It's nice to see a bit of fanciness as opposed to plain modern boxes like you'd find in Midland or Odessa. A building that stood head and shoulders above the others, like that one tall tower in Waco would really help out. Either that or some very unusual -- say really stellar art deco -- buildings would help.

As is, 6/10

·
Expert
1,132 Posts
Looks a bit better than average for it's population.. I've driven through Whicita Falls before. 6.5/10

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A building that stood head and shoulders above the others, like that one tall tower in Waco would really help out.
Yeah me too but I won't hold my breath for that. Seems like most cities its size in Texas have a building that stands above the rest. Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland, Waco, Abilene, Tyler, Beaumont, etc. One aspect I like is that its compact but the height is too uniform. IMO it needs more diverse heights.

why'd you even bother?
Because its a skyline thread.

·
Urban Struggle
5,239 Posts
Not too bad for a city that size 6/10
btw: where are the people? the streets look so empty...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wrong poll title
Is that better?

btw: where are the people? the streets look so empty...
I shot some of those on Thanksgiving Day which is a BIG US holiday. Plus the fact that this is just how many US city cores are now with sprawl and the advent of malls.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts