SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a shock to some but Jacksonville Florida hip hop scene is on the rise. Artist such as Asamov which is an underground hip hop crew are catchina a lot of buzz. Also another artist by the name of Young Cash was just signed to universal his album is slated to have cameo's from Paul Wall and Mike Jones and I think Trick Daddy, Also they have this artist by the name of Swordz who is a star in the making as well as other artist in the city.
What I found is the artist in J'ville have many styles and very diverse. Hip Hop seem to help the economy of the cities example look at Atlanta, and Houston for example it's this energy it generates in those cities. Not to mention A new magazine titled Street Cred magazine(it's a music magazine)
set up shop in J'ville because they fell it's the next spot for hip hop to jump off. As most know the dirty south has had the rap game on lock for about 7 years now and with the south it spreads all over to many regions in the south.
With Jacksonville Florida now catching wreck now could Jacksonville be the new spot like Houston Texas is now in the rap game? Only time will tell but the news is out Jacksonville has a load of talent there and they have the chance to be the next southern city in the rap game.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
probably would be better to ask this in the florida forum
also...jacksonville probably won't acknowledged for a while in the rap game because Miami and even Orlando has already.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Jacksonville Florida hip hop is on the rise now I was there plus I'm a music producer I see it as the next city to blow up in the rap game. I met a lot of talented artist there I see something there like LA Reid And Baby face saw something in Atlanta the rest is history I feel Jacksonville is about to become the atlanta of this time.

·
Thats my wife Aaliyah.
238 Posts
Jacksonville will not be the new hot spot. As for the south having the game on lock for 7 years, lmao.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Why not combind your two threads?

·
Registered
303 Posts
could be...i know Miami has alot of people of hip-hop like Trina, Trick Daddy, Pitbull, Slip-N-Slide records, etc.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I doubt that itll blow up to be a major player in its own right so fast, i think for awhile most of their talent will play the circuit to blow up. Like come to atlanta to get their name out, but j-ville itself wont be a household name 4 awhile. Kinda like back inthe 90's when atl artists had to go to new york and la to get its name out there, now its a media outlet of its own.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
I'm sorry. But I do not see Jacksonville blowing up anytime soon. It would be nice, but they already have tapped into two Florida markets. If Jacksonville can be the next hotspot, then so can Dallas or Birmingham or Charlotte. .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wrong J'ville is going to become the next hip hop spot it's already on the verge of happening now. They have two artist signed to major deals and the industry is down there looking for talent trust me I know I'm a producer and I plan on helping to blow the city up they also have some talented producers there who have banging tracks. The city is on the rise and I see in Jacksonville what Babyface and LA Reid, Dallas Austin and JD saw in Atlanta all it takes is a dope sound and people jump to it and everything takes off from there it's the brain drain effect LA Reid and Babyface came from LA to Atlanta and blew up the music scene there and took the talents of JD and Dallas Austin with them also DJ Tomp. I feel my sound and my mixture in my tracks because I can make beats thats can hit in all the coast the artist there can flow like I said watch out for this city because they are on the rise in the hip hop game.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
They maybe on the rise to get there name known in the south. But to get to where Houston or Atlanta or New Orleans is at. I doubt it. They already have that market and that is Miami. Hell what you are saying for Jacksonville can be said for just about every other city that is rising. Hell, Pittsburgh is rising, Baltimore is rising, San Diego is rising, Dallas is rising. See how easily that can be said.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TexasBoi said:
They maybe on the rise to get there name known in the south. But to get to where Houston or Atlanta or New Orleans is at. I doubt it. They already have that market and that is Miami. Hell what you are saying for Jacksonville can be said for just about every other city that is rising. Hell, Pittsburgh is rising, Baltimore is rising, San Diego is rising, Dallas is rising. See how easily that can be said.
San Diego? in hip hop? I know they got a few cats doing things but I don't see platium cats there I only see mixtape dudes there and making a mixtape is different than doing an album.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jacksonville on the come up

DUVAL'S FINEST BREAK OUT ON PRESTIGIOUS WHO'S WHO LIST
URB NEXT 100
April 2006

April 1st, 2006 (Jacksonville, FL) - In what has topped off a storybook year for the Florida based hip-hop group, Asamov was named to the highly prestigious URB NEXT 100 list just announced and to be published in April's issue of URB magazine. The fab four who are currently headlining their first national tour were reportedly surprised and pleased with the news of being included in this year's list which rightfully places them into an elite group of 'who's who' for national acts. The URB mention called "Asamov one of the best new groups" for 2006 and called their debut album "And Now..." one of the best for '05.

The accolades continue to roll in for Asamov as their critically acclaimed debut was also named album of the year by HIPHOPSITE.com, and the group was recently featured on Myspace Music last December as well. Their debut album "And Now..." has an all-star cast of features including J-Live, Wordsworth, Mr. LIF, Akrobatik, and 6 Hole Records label mate 9th Wonder who produced the b-side to the group's 2nd single "Boombox" called "Real Good."

With the industry patiently watching, Asamov's follow up to "And Now..." is in the early stages of production, but is already being considered one of the most highly anticipated sophomore releases in the underground scene for 2006 as being named to the URB 100 NEXT list would attest to. Guest appearances are rumored to include....well, you'll just have to wait to find that out...Stay tuned to 904HipHip.com for more major Asamov news!

Click

JOEY CA$H SPEAKS ON "THE DEAL," MONEY, AND WHAT TO EXPECT FOR 2006
"I think Florida finna blow up how Texas did, the same way..." - JC

Article & Photos
by Julia Beverly

For anybody who doesn't know your background, can you explain how you came into the game?
I started out with the 904 Click when I was like 17. It was me, my brother, and my cousin in the group. We were making some noise in Jacksonville, and Tye Dash came down on a promo run with some bullshit ass New York group. We owned a club at the time called Choices. We performed that night and he started hollerin' at us. Ever since we had a little buzz. Then my brother Vic got shot on his birthday. We were supposed to do a show that night but Vic got shot that's when everything started falling apart.

How were you able to keep things moving after Vic was shot?
I had to become the leader because I was the only one still around. My brother was in the hospital for six months and my cousin went to prison. So I was really forced to take up things on my own. I started doing some little shit by myself. Everybody had always told me that out of my group, I was gonna be the one to do my solo thing. That's what the streets was already saying, 'cause I use to come up with most of the hooks for the 904 Click. It wasn't that I was ready, I was kinda of forced to...

How did you link up with the rest of the artist that's in your crew?
Really these are just *****s I used to be with in the streets. Real *****s don't wanna be hustling just to be hustling. You know the consequences are either prison or death. You got to hustle to get something, make that illegal money into legal money. These *****s I **** with now are the same *****s I was running with in the streets. They're like employees now. Everybody has a different job title.

You're signed with SRC/Universal now, right? How did your deal come about?
The deal came about through "Gimme A Bottle." I had a vision for a club song so I came out with that song and just kept going to different cities. My name was already strong and *****s was ****'n with me. I just get along with everybody. Every time a DJ played my shit, I'd throw money in the crowd, like $400-$500 of $1s. That's how I built that song up in every city. When DJs play my shit, I throw money in the crowd. That's my marketing strategy - money! Money motivates everybody.

What do you think is gonna happen for Florida in 2006?
I think Florida finna represent. We ain't never really had nothing besides Trick Dadd that went worldwide. T-Pain is really a rapper anyway, before he was a singer they had a little buzz through the Nappy Headz. The Florida rap scene been bubbling, *****s just had to get the machine behind them. I think Florida finna blow up how Texas did, the same way.

Is your crew still the 904 Click?
Yeah, it's still the 904 Click. I'm still in the 904 Click. Me and my white homeboy $J, AKA Dirk Diggla, we shopping a deal together too. We got a group called Money Train. We working on some things right now. I've got a lot of things coming up. Me and T-Pain finna drop a "Best of Both Counties: Duval & Leon County" mixtape. Me and Shawn Jay are gonna do a mixtape too. That's like my big brother.

watch out for Jacksonville Florida.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I’m not really going to put too much merit into the thesis of this thread seeing as how the author has yet to complete one grammatically acceptable paragraph. I now feel dumber for reading his posts.

And yes I agree, Jacksonville is the next destination for hip hop Mecca status. You know, just like Buffalo, New York will be the center of all country music pretty soon, I mean they’ve had a couple of country signers signed to labels… watch out everyone, soon the CMA are going to head to Buffalo.

·
Registered
841 Posts
^I once went to a country-themed bar in Buffalo called "Howdy's" out on Main Street. Great Place. I agree, Buffalo is the next Country Music Mecca.

:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
relevant?!?

what on earth does this have to do with architecture. who cares if it's the next hip hop capital?!? do you really think that it will beat out atlanta for that anyway...which is not all that far away

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dcd829 said:
what on earth does this have to do with architecture. who cares if it's the next hip hop capital?!? do you really think that it will beat out atlanta for that anyway...which is not all that far away
Not saying it will beat Atlanta, for now but Atlanta started small too and look what it became? It's starts somewhere and Jacksonville is a city on the come up it's a lot of talent in the city and now many artist there are now being discovered. The article I posted I took it from 904hiphop.com

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
nostyle said:
^I once went to a country-themed bar in Buffalo called "Howdy's" out on Main Street. Great Place. I agree, Buffalo is the next Country Music Mecca.

:)
Buffalo, NEW YORK....country music??

WEIRD. :runaway:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts