SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all seen those great photos of Toronto great skyline but that is NOT what makes Toronto great.
So much nice old archetecture, gorgeous home, wonderlife livly streets, fantastic nightlife, markets,............never see then.
I admit I don't know how to put them up as I'm far too much of a computer moron but someone must have some great shots.
Rosedale, CastleFrank, Cabbagetown, QueenWest, Parkdale, Yorkville, EglintonUptown, LittleItaly, LittlePortugal, LitleIndia, St.Lawrence, Distillery, Beaches, TheDanforth, HighPark, BloorWestVillage, TheJunction, Annex, Kensington, Davisville, TheatreDistrict, EntertainmentDistrict, Yonge/Midtown,
Chinatown, GayVillage, Ronnsasville, University, Yonge/DundasSquare and so many more.
It is these areas that make Toronto such a truly fantastic, liveable, enviable metropolis not its skyline.
Any photos would be great to show people why Toronto is such a great and truly wonderous metropolis.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree! Most people don't realise how fantastic Toronto really is and how many cool neighbourhoods there are to be explored. Let's see some more 'hoods and less skyline (at least until some of the new buildings are u/c).

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, its amasing how Toronto has 100 skyline shots. I think it doesn't portray the city well. Toronto is great because it is NOT a concrete jungle. Clean, parks, beautiful neighbourhood and streetscapes. Trees, trees and more trees. A dizzing array of housing. toronto is a walker's paradise. If you want a different culture, streetscape, shopping and dining experience, archetecture then just walk 3 or 4 blocks and its like you are in a completly different world. This is what makes Toronto great.

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Well, in the above-mentioned aspects, Montreal beats Toronto out of the water, so really, the only thing that Toronto has on Montreal is the Skyline and the financial and businesses importance of the city as represented by the hercullean buildings that make up the Toronto CBD.

G

·
|A| said:
Well, in the above-mentioned aspects, Montreal beats Toronto out of the water, so really, the only thing that Toronto has on Montreal is the Skyline and the financial and businesses importance of the city as represented by the hercullean buildings that make up the Toronto CBD.

What does Montreal have to do with this thread?

G

·
ssiguy2 said:
Ya, its amasing how Toronto has 100 skyline shots. I think it doesn't portray the city well. Toronto is great because it is NOT a concrete jungle. Clean, parks, beautiful neighbourhood and streetscapes. Trees, trees and more trees. A dizzing array of housing. toronto is a walker's paradise. If you want a different culture, streetscape, shopping and dining experience, archetecture then just walk 3 or 4 blocks and its like you are in a completly different world. This is what makes Toronto great.

I agree...too bad almost all the pictures posted here are the typical MINT and aerial skyline shots...they really don't do the city justice.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
awesome pics hkskyline

I want to see some Little Italy.. particularly during the easter parade. Thats an awesome nieghbourhood.

Mt. Pleasant village is getting interesting... has a nice streetwall down by the cemetary.

·
Journeyman
16,793 Posts
I agree! Stuff like what's in the pictures is much more telling than skyscrapers.

That first picture in the Yonge-Dundas Square area showed my hotel, tower on the left. Checked out this morning.

·
Journeyman
16,793 Posts
PS, when you say "downtown neighborhoods", you're using a different definition of "downtown" than most people. Downtown is where the tall buildings are.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts