·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be interesting to see if this is linked with jrb's post

MEN

National Asset Management Agency puts London Scottish House on the market

April 23, 2012

The sell-off of Irish-owned assets in Manchester has begun. The National Asset Management Agency, which controls property assets in the city which are backed by Irish bank loans is to dispose of London Scottish House, which is next to the Midland Hotel and one of Manchester’s most prominent development sites.

It is to be sold on behalf of NAMA by CBRE and WHR. Andrew Purdon, head of development consultancy for the north west at CBRE, said: “This opportunity will appeal to a range of purchasers given the potential for refurbishment of the existing structure, or a demolition and redevelopment.

Despite the difficult trading environment, we believe it is one of the best sites in Manchester and we anticipate strong interest as a result.” NAMA owns a dozen other commercial and residential property schemes around Greater Manchester. It is expected more sales will follow the disposal of London Scottish House.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...market?s_cid=business bulletin-20120423 (1183)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Don't know how reliable this is, article from last week,
Three parties are on the shortlist to buy London Scottish House, one of Manchester’s largest and most prominent office development opportunities, from Ireland’s National Asset Management Agency, CoStar News understands.

Market sources this week said the Greater Manchester Property Venture Fund (GMPVF), Salmon Harvester Properties and the UBS Triton Property Fund have reached the final shortlist for the 50,000 sq ft former headquarters of the London Scottish Bank at 24 Mount Street at the heart of the St Peter’s Square regeneration zone in Manchester city centre.

http://www.costar.co.uk/en/assets/n...list-for-major-Manchester-office-opportunity/

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
London Scottish House Redevelopment | Mount Street | Pre

Holding post

·
10th February 2008
60,599 Posts
Property Week.
Sold.
Hopefully this will kick-start the redevelopment of the building or site.
Can't access the article.
Anyone?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Article says 'close to being sold' to Titan Investors, after being selected by NAMA, 'could place it under offer as early as next week'.

·
10th February 2008
60,599 Posts
Article says 'close to being sold' to Titan Investors, after being selected by NAMA, 'could place it under offer as early as next week'.
Hmmm.

Googled the headline via my mobile while I was waiting for the MOT retest on my car.

The sites linking to the Propertyweek story all stated sold.

It's such a shame that most of the interesting Manchester articles on Propertyweek are subscription only.

·
Far East London
7,523 Posts
I'm absolutely flabbergasted they didn't appoint Manchester's architectural genius Ian Simpson particularly after his superb *ill-judged really* proposal for 2 St Peter's.

*said no one ever*
I'm glad as well actually. I'm beginning to tire of Simpsons jaunty glass boxes. Eric Parry have an excitingly varied repertoire.

1 - 20 of 606 Posts