SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm bitchin' at Tetris
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. This will be my first photo offering here. I hope this will work out, and that I am able to post my pictures correctly.

Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba, Canada, and is located in the south central part of the province. The city and / or urban area generally weighs in at either the sixth, seventh, or even eighth largest in the nation, depending on which method one chooses to employ when calculating. Essentially, the metro region is home to roughly 750,000 inhabitants.

Large ethnic groups include people with British or French backgrounds, as well as the largest aboriginal population concentrated in an urban centre in the world; I believe Sydney, Australia has the second largest group of urban aboriginals. Other significant populations that enrich our city include eastern Europeans (specifically German and Russian Mennonites, as well as Ukrainians and Poles), Filipinos, Jews, and small but growing number of Chinese. Several low German - speaking Hutterite colonies, as well as many French - speaking towns, also surround the city.

Without further ado, here's (with any luck) a glimpse of Little Detroit On The Prairies....

·
I'm bitchin' at Tetris
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I see you are "soon to be" Canadian. Are you moving here soon, or do you already reside in Canada? I am curious to know what region you will settle down in. At any rate, welcome to the country!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts