Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Winnipeg a few weeks ago and I took an afternoon downtown to take some shots.... enjoy!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great pix, Algonquin! Winnipeg is a very under-rated city for its architecture and I am glad you captured it here for us!!
Thanks! I was pleasantly suprised.... Winnipeg is built in a way that belies it's size... feels like a much larger city.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WAH NO PICS OF HYDRO lol (office building going up on portage ave)

glad to see you injoyed the peg :)
I did take a photo of it, though I didn't know what it was. The picture did not turn out.

Whats the deal with Main and Portage anyway? Man, did the city rape that corner... it was entirely dead when I was there, and no wonder... what a pedestrian nightmare. It's a shame.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I did take a photo of it, though I didn't know what it was. The picture did not turn out.

Whats the deal with Main and Portage anyway? Man, did the city rape that corner... it was entirely dead when I was there, and no wonder... what a pedestrian nightmare. It's a shame.
lol yea the city did rape it in the 70s theres an underground passage to get across though with shops so its not totaly cut off and its open from 6am to midnight at least now if the shops would just be open later along with the banks

and i wonder was that may 8th you were wondering around?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol yea the city did rape it in the 70s theres an underground passage to get across though with shops so its not totaly cut off and its open from 6am to midnight at least now if the shops would just be open later along with the banks

and i wonder was that may 8th you were wondering around?
It was around then... why?

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
I can't say Winnipeg has ever interested me because it hasn't, but it still gives the impression of a quaint city.

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
Purrty. Good to see alot of late 19th century architecture still standing.

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
I only had a few hours to wander around Winnipeg for photography, so concentrated on the Exchange District, Main St and Portage. Glad you got
so many amazing shots over at the Forks. I'll post my pix when I get them organized... some of them were taken from the exact same spot you stood on!
LOL!
I heard a rumour that they were thinking of undoing that ridiculous mistake and opening up Portage and Main to pedestrian crossings again.. I hope so.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts