Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is Ali and I am a 20 y.o Lebanese forumer.
I am planning to spend my Christmas and New Year's vacation on your beautiful island and I would like to ask you some questions regarding Cyprus during the winter season.
1- Where are the best places (cities/ towns) to spend Christmas and New Year's eve in Cyprus with respect to nightlife and weather ?
2- Where are the best places to go sightseeing and do day activities ?
3- What are the most prominent events taking place this Christmas/ New Years holiday (parties, events.. ect) ?
4- Is winter considered a high/ tourist season in Cyprus ?

Please reply quickly so that I may make reservations !
and Thank you very much in advance !!
:cheers:

P.S. Sorry for opening up a new thread just for this but I couldn't find a relative existing one to post in.

·
Freedom to Cyprus
4,057 Posts
1- Where are the best places (cities/ towns) to spend Christmas and New Year's eve in Cyprus with respect to nightlife and weather ?
Nicosia, Limassol and Larnaca. Nicosia and Limassol have the most busy nightlife.
Please be more specific what exactly you want..

2- Where are the best places to go sightseeing and do day activities ?
Everywhere - All the cities have something good to do. In Nicosia for example there are a lot of shopping streets with various shops and also there is a playground especially for christmas events near the city ancient walls, the christmas decoration around the city is very good and you can enjoy the night everywhere. Also there are a lot of museums, cafes, restaurants, etc.

3- What are the most prominent events taking place this Christmas/ New Years holiday (parties, events.. ect) ?
- All the cities have something good to do, you have to book a place in a club or concert, or you can enjoy the fireworks from Eleftheria Square with the rest of the people

4- Is winter considered a high/ tourist season in Cyprus ?
- The weather now is very good, we cannot say that is a winter. Yeap there are tourists, and I can rate the level as "low" for this period of time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^
Thank you very much for your reply,
regarding the questions :
1- I meant the best bars, nightclubs, pubs... basically dancing and drinking :cheers: are there any famous nightlife districts ?
2- Can you please give me specific names of important museums, and historic places ?
3- What are the concerts taking place this holiday ?
4- Are they expecting more tourists to come ?

I hope I don't sound annoying !
Thank you :)

·
Freedom to Cyprus
4,057 Posts
1- I meant the best bars, nightclubs, pubs... basically dancing and drinking :cheers: are there any famous nightlife districts ?

Nicosia: Ledra Street, Makariou Avenue, Spyros Kyprianou Avenue which is near Makariou.

Limassol: On the main sea road you can find all the bars, clubs, etc.

Larnaca: Finikoudes Area

2- Can you please give me specific names of important museums, and historic places ?

for Nicosia:
Cyprus History Musem - Near Parliament
Leventis Museum - Ledras
Natural History Musem : http://www.natmuseum.org.cy/Dinosaurs.html

There a lot Museum in the old city from Motorcycles, Coins, Religion, History, etc. the walled city is a museum by itself. Also there is a small planitarium in the end of ledra street.

Also go to Laiki Gitonia, is a place in the old city that is traditional with good restaurants, etc.

3- What are the concerts taking place this holiday ?

http://www.discovernicosia.com/

4- Are they expecting more tourists to come ?

Yeap they come a lot during this time for shopping mostly.

I hope I don't sound annoying !
Thank you :)[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much Andreasl !
Anyone else is very much free to make additions ! maybe from places like Larnaca and Ayia Napa.
I agree with Tasos :( what winter indeed ! here in Lebanon we are getting temperatures as high as 25 C ! very unusual. However there is a snow storm coming in tomorrow, should get things cooler.

·
Freedom to Cyprus
4,057 Posts
also what is the status of Ayia Napa's nightife now ? how is it usually on New Years eve ? and where are the best places to party ?
Ayia Napa is a ghost city at this time. Try Nicosia/Limassol/Larnaca.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts