SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Wish it was bigger!

3328 Views 34 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Erebus555
If there was one building in Birmingham you could, say, treble the height of, which one would you choose?

Mine would be Colmore Gate. There is something about the dark granite cladding on this building that looks really good. If this were 200 metres tall it would look stunning.

Could anyone apply some of their jiggery-pokery computer wizardry on this one, and create a graphic showing it to be 200 metres?
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
That picture of the whole of Birmingham made taller is brilliant. I love the double Rotundas with a bridge connecting them in the middle.
It's Brum's very own Petronas Twin Towers - in fact that was 1984 - Singapore / Kuala Lumpur / Houston / Dallas, Texas Stylee!

:lol:
It's Brum's very own Petronas Twin Towers - in fact that was 1984 - Singapore / Kuala Lumpur / Houston / Dallas, Texas Stylee!

:lol:
that would have been nice at 100M or so.
Martin your talents are endless.
You're right. This is the best building to have been built in Birmingham in the last 20 years ..... including Beetham Tower, only 10 storeys higher would've made a world of difference to it though!
that would have been nice at 100M or so.
Why has nobody made a joke about the title of this thread yet?

I possitively demand some ***** jokes before this thread is allowed to get any longer, er i mean bigger ;)
Colmore Gate is our best skyscraper IMO (followed by the Hyatt)
Ok Engels, this one's for you...

F*** me, I wish my **** was bigger - I mean, well, it's freakin huge now, but if only...

or

Is that a stiffy in your pocket, or just a skyscraper that your pleased with?
no, erm...hang on a minute.
Why has nobody made a joke about the title of this thread yet?

I possitively demand some ***** jokes before this thread is allowed to get any longer, er i mean bigger ;)
^^ That's better. There couldn't be a thread like this is the UK section without some (really bad) jokes, it's the British way... thanks for obliging with some really bad jokes Mr G.
My pleasure...your pleasure, ooh-er missus.
I wish...seriously for a minute...that the Jury's (ex Granville House) was taller. It's very wide, and could have done with another 15 floors
That the big granite looking one on Broad st isn't it I love it. Actually i quite like the way it's a smilar height to Quayside, Hyatt and what's the one further up Broad st called? I like the way they look like are marching in rank.

Now BST is gonna upset that a bit but then it already is upset by the awful Broad st travelodge. Infact i'd swap the 40 story BST for two 20 story buildings in its and the travellodge's place.

Still BST will dominate the skyline which i think we need.

The one building i really wish was taller is the Rotunda. The sad thing is it was meant to be but the ground could take the weight or something.
Cumberland House further up. The Rotunda would have better taller, more iconic, but Granville would have looked like it was straight out of NYC or Chicago with an extra 15 floors.
^^I'd hate to have Cumberland any taller. It's shit. I wish it never actually existed.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.