Discussion Starter #1
Woking Community Stadium
Pending Consideration

Ref:PLAN/2019/1176

Proposal

• Long term future for Woking FC
  • 9,026 Capacity Stadium
  • Kingfield will be renamed Woking Community Stadium
  • New medical centre accommodating up to 14,400 patients.
  • New David Lloyd Centre
Developer: GolDev Woking | Woking Football Club

Architect: Holmes Miller

Cardinal Court

The master plan also includes a large residential development
See this thread for more: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=165373630

Architect: Leach Rhodes Walker

• 5 buildings between 3 and 11 storeys
  • 1,026 New Homes
  • 191 Affordable Homes

·
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Capacity

North | 2420 Standing
East | 1224 Seats
South | 180 Seats & 2240 Standing
West | 2876 Seats

Total:
  • 4280 Seats
  • 4660 Standing
  • 86 Other (disabled etc.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I honestly find these smaller stadiums a lot more interesting than the vast mega stadiums as they just seem to be able to experiment more and just make them look nice.
I think this project looks great and should be extremely good for the local area while not bankrupting it.

·
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great imho. This will be a great addition to the area which is being re-developed like crazy.
I agree, with all the towers proposed and under construction in Woking, projects like these really help complement and improve the town's attraction.

There is however, a very vocal opposition group who see it as a huge over development. The application has received 213 public comments, 206 of which are objections

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm surprised they're not making use of the one existing impressive stand behind the goal.
Looks like the plan is to change the positioning of the pitch so that it is parallel to Westfield Avenue. Probably allows them to pack more into the site, but would make that stand impossible to use.

My son and I had a tour of the ground recently and they said they were probably going to have to move out for a year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts