Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: It blows working Downtown...

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: Hell NO!!!

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: What's this world coming to!!!

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: I'm sooo pist!!!!

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: I'm quitting that's it!!!

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: It's truly unacceptable!!!

:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

So today's my first day of work after a couple of weeks of chilling. I have great views and cool peeps and good pay. But unfortunately they forget to mention a very important issue. They do not offer parking in the structure and if I want to park it's over a hundred bucks a month. That will come out of my pay.... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Luckily during lunch time I was hanging with new co~workers and they were discussing The Red Line and Metrolink. Then about catching it daily and how a new broad had a fit the first day she took it. I casually ask that what was wrong with them catching public transit. Then my new sup dropped the bomb on me, "Habib we don't pay for parking" My jaw dropped to the ground and became speechless, seriously. My dumb ass parked in the parking structure and it clearly mentions that is a flat $38 bucks a day rate. So my new sup was like we will cover it today but from this point on you have to find an alternative..

I :( am soooooo ready to do a no call no show tomorrow. But they pay me really good and that's my sister's good friend who hook me up while we were having cocktails at home.

What should I do?

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW! Here are some pix from the lunch room that I snapped. Yes the window are bit dirty but the views are great... Enjoy*

·
Registered
290 Posts
What should you do? I think you already answered this one Ferney. FYI, if youre still living in Westchester, you can take the commuter express bus from the Green Line Aviation station straight to downtown with no stops using the carpool lanes. Its faster than driving yourself and the parking is free at the park and ride lot. Also, you can take the Green Line to the 110 transitway busses, but thats not as fast. I would also check to see if you're employer would pay for a monthly transit pass. I know the city is offering lots of benefits to companies whose employees take public transit.

·
Registered
886 Posts
What building do you work at? I also work at Downtown but I take the bus. It saves me $9 a day since I don't have to park at the parking garage across where I work. Usually only long time employees or highly paid workers such as lawyers, company presidents, supervisors, etc. drive themselves to work and sometimes the company pays for their parking. You can however, park a couple of blocks away around 3rd and 4th street and Spring St. and Broadway where there are parking lots that only charge $5-$9 a day. Otherwise, just take public transportation. You won't regret it.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What should you do? I think you already answered this one Ferney. FYI, if youre still living in Westchester, you can take the commuter express bus from the Green Line Aviation station straight to downtown with no stops using the carpool lanes. Its faster than driving yourself and the parking is free at the park and ride lot. Also, you can take the Green Line to the 110 transitway busses, but thats not as fast. I would also check to see if you're employer would pay for a monthly transit pass. I know the city is offering lots of benefits to companies whose employees take public transit.
I know, I know when I was driving home on the 10. For some reason you and (K) came to mind while I was banging on my steering wheel.... On of the guys at work said to catch the airport bus for $3 bucks to Union Station and then from there catch the DASH line G. Then it's summer, yuck!

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
What building do you work at?

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What building do you work at? I also work at Downtown but I take the bus. It saves me $9 a day since I don't have to park at the parking garage across where I work. Usually only long time employees or highly paid workers such as lawyers, company presidents, supervisors, etc. drive themselves to work and sometimes the company pays for their parking. You can however, park a couple of blocks away around 3rd and 4th street and Spring St. and Broadway where there are parking lots that only charge $5-$9 a day. Otherwise, just take public transportation. You won't regret it.

^ I work at California Plaza One in Bunker Hill. 300 Grand Ave!

Yeah same here on VP's and above get free parking on site. I pass drove a parking spot next to Grand Central market and it was $12.00 flat rate. I honestly did not see any $5 buck parking spots around Bunker Hill at all.

What building do you work at?

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
^^I threw away my June bus pass today. Do you want to buy me my July pass?

So can't you park at a Green Line Station and then take the Blue Line to Grand Station and take a bus up Grand?

There's always one place to look for the fastest ways there: http://www.metro.net/

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankx but regular buses make too many stops. i have to be @ work by 8am. the last thing I want to do is leave @ 5am to be at work by 8. I need something fast and hardly not stops.

FullRton mentioned the express commuter bus from the green line. That so far is the fastest I can think of, unless I quit and stay home and chill again...

Can you imagine me on the bus after all that mess I use to talk...:eek:hno:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't want to belabor the point but someone's got to hirer a window washer! That's just insane. What floor are you on?

Honestly, I would search for the $5-7 a day lot. If you have some time try to explore the nearby streets for these lots. If the job is paying well, then $5 a day won't make much of a dent. Otherwise, embrace the loving bosom of public transit.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ I'm soooo stressed out about this dilemma. I am chain smoking like a mother comparing the pros and cons. :gaah:Time is also running out, tomorrow is almost here!

I need a miracle!

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Just find out about the express bus or be at the Aviation station by 7am transfer onto the Blue and exit at 7th and Metro and have a nice 10 minute walk to Bunker Hill. You'll save money and you'll see that it's not bad at all. But if their truly is an express bus one seat ride that would be your best bet depending how much it cost. I'm searching something for you now.......

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Ok so the other option is the 439 which leaves Aviation station and makes only 6 stops to Downtown LA. I know for sure that like clockwork I would get on the Red Line at Santa Monica and Vermont and reach the Aviation station taking Red-Blue-Green in an hour and always an hour unless something happened. So you should be able to reach downtown in under an hour taking just the Green to the Blue line w/ a 10 minute walk might be altogether an hour for less than what you would pay just to park in one of those lots. Just give yourself a little extra time for a first run.
Here's the link to the 439 though I think the rails might be better:
http://www.metro.net/images/1439.pdf
Good Luck!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Do we have to do all the work for you Ferney :p

Check this site, it will give you all the info you need for the Commuter Express busses: http://www.ladottransit.com/comexp/routes/438/438.html.

Only $56 monthly pass, thats how much you would spend on parking in a week. Take into account gas and maintance and you'd save a bundle. I just changed my average mileage on my insurance policy and my premiums went down by over $200 every six months. Also, you'd have more time to read and catch up on your work.

If I were you, I would atleast give it a shot, you don't really have anything to lose except money. This may not be the best week to try , since traffic should be a little better than usual for the holiday, but why don't you try all next and see what you think. Hey, you're call will be waiting for you at the Aviation station parking lot every evening after work.

·
Bleed Dodger Blue
1,773 Posts
If you don't mind walking a few blocks, there's always the Pershing Square station or Civic Center station.

And I understand why you might not want to take the bus. Does anyone really want to take the bus? But if you use my idea, you'll only have a few stops, it'll be about a 10 minute bus ride, and you can sleep on the train.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.