419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre

located in TST

these brass gates were from the old hsbc hq in central

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
I want to visit the Mai Po complex too. Unfortunately, they chose to leave bare concrete in Hong Kong's climate. That will look very ugly unless they clean it VERY often.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are there more known work in the forum ...
Hong Kong Police Department

Hong Kong Science Park Phase 1

New Headquarter for Mechanical and Service Department

Disneyland Firestation

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are all currently finished ... i believe they are also designing the new gov't hq in central ...

heres a restoration project of King Law Ka Shuk Study Hall built in 1700 which recieved a unesco award for preservation in 2000

·
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...
1,529 Posts
i know that mortuary is beautiful... i really won't mind ending up there :p

100 years later of coz...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I love those water setting in Ma Po Wetland Phase 2 !
how come Hong Kong Architectural Service Department became so enterprising these years?

·
Registered
659 Posts
superchan7 said:
I want to visit the Mai Po complex too. Unfortunately, they chose to leave bare concrete in Hong Kong's climate. That will look very ugly unless they clean it VERY often.
it depends on the specification of the concrete. if it's being treated beforehand, it'd be fine. (the case of tsing ma bridge)

·
Registered
659 Posts
the wetland phase 2 building looks great - probably one of the very few buildings in hong kong which exposes the actual concrete surface though ironically, concrete's probably the most used in hong kong than in any city around the world. :)

can't wait to see it - though some details can be done even nicer. haha.. sorry for being picky picky.

like the air ducts here... (it's a big space so the duct will have to be massive but i'm sure there're better ways to hide them away)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will: hehe i think you are being overly picky ...
its good that you are though
jeremy, the pictures could be found on their website ...

·
The Picture Guy
612 Posts
These pictures show such wide open spaces, I have a hard time believing this is in Hong Kong. :shocked:

·
Registered
7 Posts
New Projects

The above projects are completely amazing and i agree look much better than the skyscrapers we see so much around....

Are there any new projects on the planning board?

·
Registered
252 Posts
WOW..this shows the hk govt is reli putting effort into its architectural aspects,,
even the Mortuary is in a built in a state of art!
Welldone to Hong Kong lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts