SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a proposed skyscraper planned for Jabalpur, India though it was also planned to be built in Sao Paulo. It was also proposal for the world's tallest building at 2222 ft.

·
Banned
96 Posts
They have too much time on their hands. They've had proposals like this for several different places.

·
-
3,628 Posts
Thank God it's never built.

·
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spyguy said:
Why was it also proposed for Sao Paulo?
That I don't know :( I don't think Sampa has a large number of Indian population nor has a sizable population of those who practice Hindi religions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
To my understanding these buildings are planned by followers of transcendental meditation and are designed to focus the karmic energy of TM practicers into a global network. As such the plans for them don't really correlate to where there are lots of practicers, but where the energy flow would be best or some such. Ultimately they're just nonsense and part of yogi Maharishi's world domination plan by reaching a critical mass of positive energy that will suddenly cause everyone to become absolutely calm and peaceful. They will never be built.

·
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The design is very Indian but the base is wide. It's really disgusting :eek:

·
Taking On The World
26,423 Posts
the same design was done for São Paulo, but for São Paulo it was not supposed to be a Centre for Vedic Learning. Its name for São Paulo was simply Maharishi Tower, and it would be a normal hotel/offices/residential tower, much like Burj Dubai.

But the population was largely against it, because the design is too ugly and because even Burj Dubai or the Sears would not be approved to São Paulo, because since the 70s anything taller than 170 meters is seen as too tall and severe height restrictions rule in the city.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts