·
I love Skyscrapers
34,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
World Supertalls List

Current number of Supertalls on earth:

Download Combined Supertall and City Ranking list as PDF:

Top 300 + City Ranking

Blue: Supertalls from 300m to 399m Green: Supertalls from 400m to 499m Yellow: Supertalls from 500m to 599m Orange: Supertalls from 600m to 699m Red-Orange: Supertalls from 700m to 799m (none at the moment) Red: Supertalls from 800m to 899m Dark Red: Supertalls from 900m to 999m (none at the moment) Magenta: Supertalls with 1000m or more (none at the moment)

Blue: Cities with 1 Supertall Green: Cities with 2 to 4 Supertalls Yellow: Cities with 5 to 9 Supertalls Orange: Cities with 10 to 14 Supertalls (none at the moment) Red-Orange: Cities with 15 to 19 Supertalls (none at the moment) Red: Cities with 20 to 24 Supertalls (only Dubai at the moment) Dark-Red: Cities with 25 to 30 Supertalls (none at the moment) Magenta: Cities with 30 to 35 Supertalls (none at the moment)

Download Top 300 History lists:

January 2019

January 2018

January 2017

January 2016

January 2015

January 2014

January 2013

January 2012

July 2011

September 2010

Supertall Maps by MattTheTubaGuy:

Complete and Topped out

Under Construction Prep and On Hold

All Supertalls

- Please post in this thread when I've to change anything.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,006 Posts
proposed list will be insane, considering we get a lot of cities that propose something and cancellation is not often a thing instead the ones that do not become reality just vanish slowly, hard to keep track of a lot of buildings :cheers:

·
faster than buildings
10,324 Posts
Indeed, imagine how hard it is to list all the skyscrapers (200+). And highrises (100+) build, u/c and proposed in the world.:nuts:

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,006 Posts
two things:

1. We should make twin towers each their own entry, eg Lamars Tower 1 and Lamars Tower 2 instead of both in one row

2. How about we add either the year it is supposed to be finished or the status it is in like preparations, piling, rising, topped out or something

:cheers:

·
faster than buildings
10,324 Posts
I would do current status since that is more easily to find. Because there are so many towers where the finish year is unknown.

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
two things:

1. We should make twin towers each their own entry, eg Lamars Tower 1 and Lamars Tower 2 instead of both in one row

2. How about we add either the year it is supposed to be finished or the status it is in like preparations, piling, rising, topped out or something

:cheers:
I thought about these things already :).
In the completed supertalls list i always make own entries for twin towers. But i'm not sure if it's necessary for the other two lists, though it's no problem to change it :).

To add the status for every project would be a good thing, and i think i'll add it :).
The estimated year for finishing is indeed a bit difficult.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,006 Posts
i think you should do the twin towers each their own, especially if you decide to make a city ranking for under construction towers or proposed towers (like busiest and most ambitious cities) at one time it will make it less work if they are seperated already and you don't need to count some entries twice. :cheers:

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think you should do the twin towers each their own, especially if you decide to make a city ranking for under construction towers or proposed towers (like busiest and most ambitious cities) at one time it will make it less work if they are seperated already and you don't need to count some entries twice. :cheers:
That's the advantage doing the lists as downloadable PDF's. After creating them it's easy and fast to change and update them :)
Tomorrow i'll seperate the twin towers and add the Status to the projects :).

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,006 Posts
yeah, no need to hurry, just idea gathering :lol:

·
16,696 Posts
Is there no way to create a quick links thread instead?

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Is there no way to create a quick links thread instead?
Then i've to write the lists into the first post. The Problem is that it's an endless work to update it, the reason why i use PDF-Lists.

edit: i just tried to add a link into the PDF-Document, it's possible :).
So i'll add links to the threads too! not sure how long it will take, first i've to finish the Proposed-Supertall List :)

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,006 Posts
great work so far :cheers:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Awesome work ZZ.

Only a handful of supertalls in Europe, in Moscow mostly. That's extraordinary given the continent's GDP. Does anyone suppose why?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Awesome work ZZ.

Only a handful of supertalls in Europe, in Moscow mostly. That's extraordinary given the continent's GDP. Does anyone suppose why?
There are height restrictions in many cities e.g. in Munich (Germany's economic powerhouse) buildings in the city centre aren't allowed to be taller than the towers of the main church.

1 - 20 of 1024 Posts